The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Fleet battles deathmatch series.

LadyKulvax

Instead of being a conquest type game this will be 1 vs 1 death-matches and at times 2 vs 2.

The battles will go in rounds against each other.

Just so nobody does this, DO NOT post your list in this thread, send me it via a PM, which means your fleet is kept secret until your first battle, surprise is always fun. >:]

Only ships from the same timeline and faction* can be used with each other, only one ship of 6,000 meters or more per fleet.

The Executor, the flagship of Vader's fleet is not allowed, nor are any stealth vessels, this is pure combat.

Just to make Flagships interesting, you need to choose a named vessel, not generic Executor-class Star Dreadnought no.76, if however this gets too restricting and people can't get a flagship that they want, then I may remove this rule.

Also, there can only be one version of a named vessel, so the Home-One cannot be chosen twice, so congrats Aurbere (lol jk).

Superweapons like the Eclipse are not allowed, Vong ships are not allowed, Rakata ships are not allowed.

For an example:

Flagship(1): Can be absolutely anything you want that fits in the ship category and doesnt break any of the above rules.

Capital ship(3): the backbone of your fleet, this is where ships with the power of the Imperial-IIs come in.

Frigates(6): These are the vessels that make your fleet a fleet, has to be classified as a frigate.

Corvettes(8): These are the smallest and least powerful vessels, good for making blockade runs, have to be classified as a Corvette.

Fighter Wing(1): You get to pick one fighter wing to serve as your best pilots, the rest of your fleet will contain generic fighters to make up numbers and NO you cannot use a Jedi fighter wing, a Sith fighter wing or Plot*cough* sorry I mean Rogue Squadron.

Freighter: just to make the game a bit more fun, you can pick one famous named frigate that was part of your faction and yes it CAN have Stealth unlike any other ship in your fleet.

(FYI anyone that picks the Millennium Falcon over the Outrider or the Otana is a loser. xP)

*No you can't bypass this with the Zann Consortium, lol we stole those ships so we can use them deal.

Named ships currently taken:(I have taken ships myself, I will inform of you which ships if you happen to pick the same via PM).

I believe that is it, so get choosing people and feel free to post any suggestions about how the game should be run or rules should be changed.

My entire fleet shall be all C90 Corvettes and I shall destroy all! Lol jkin, though in EAW in matches I usually did just make a large fleet of Corvettes and just destroyed everything....even Star Destroyers. :p But anyway...looking forward to see what comes outta this.

You should make your own list, no reason not to Wolf, you wont be expected to gift loads of time towards the entire competition.

My entire fleet shall be all C90 Corvettes and I shall destroy all! Lol jkin, though in EAW in matches I usually did just make a large fleet of Corvettes and just destroyed everything....even Star Destroyers. :p But anyway...looking forward to see what comes outta this.

Lol those were a tad overpowered. When I realized just how good they were I always had a good number in my fleets.

Is the point system regarding ships and how powerful they are compared to how many you get the same as from the other thread? And if so, is it possible i could just modify that list to suit a singular fight instead of a campaign?
This. Are the numbers fixed?

EDIT: And what's a fighter wing? O_o

EDIT: And what do you mean by generic fighters?

Edited by Beniboybling

EDIT: And what's a fighter wing? O_o

EDIT: And what do you mean by generic fighters?

The fighter wing I'm pretty sure is a special group of fighters that are specified, like the 181st.

And by generic that's probably referring to whatever factions standard fighter.

Is the point system regarding ships and how powerful they are compared to how many you get the same as from the other thread? And if so, is it possible i could just modify that list to suit a singular fight instead of a campaign?

No, this list as you may have noticed is far smaller than the other one, because numbers such as that are not needed.

The reason I am sticking with a fixed number is because whilst one faction might not have, say as powerful a flagship, they could very well have much more powerful flagships and corvettes.

So a Rebel fleet with a lot of Mon Cal Star Cruisers as it's capital ships would off-set the power of not having something quite as powerful as the Executor-class.