The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Dark Imperium vs Undying Brotherhood

Beniboybling

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol what?

So why do you think Traya lured her to Malachor then?

Do you actually think Traya wanted to kill the Exile?

Last I checked it didn't matter to her one way or the other she wanted to either kill or be killed by her if she could have killed Meetra she would have done so and succeeded in destroying the force as was her goal. If she died to Meetra though it was Ok because she would have felt successful as a teacher. The fight with Meetra though showed her much of her errors and in the end she had forsaken the darkside completely having been

"saved" by Meetra.

Calm down tunewalker, there is no need for this to get anymore heated.

your right that did sound a bit heated and I apologize lol I probably need rest, but I will still continue to bring counter arguments I hope I haven't pissed you guys off yet wasn't my intention. just saying if all arguments will be listened to then I do have a right to bring counter arguments last I checked.

Edit: to calm down I am going to take a bit of a break from this watch a Disney movie and go to bed.... I will be back tomorrow night possibly armed with a little more patcience and more proof and such of what I am talking about. Ultimately I don't think Traya can make Ventress a traitor because she largely lacks Leverage needed for most any manipulation the people she manipulated all worked with her at one time or at the time she manipulated them (atton, Bao and Mandalore were all allies before her manipulation of them began and she only manipulated them by black mail, threatening to reveal something to Meetra they didn't want Meetra to know.) something that hasn't happened/isn't happening with Ventress she never worked with Ventress before she would have to manipulate her on a first meeting kind of thing something she has NEVER done.

Edited by tunewalker

Last I checked it didn't matter to her one way or the other she wanted to either kill or be killed by her if she could have killed Meetra she would have done so and succeeded in destroying the force as was her goal. If she died to Meetra though it was Ok because she would have felt successful as a teacher. The fight with Meetra though showed her much of her errors and in the end she had forsaken the darkside completely having been

"saved" by Meetra.

There are many interpretations that can be drawn from that battle, but it is a fact that Traya lured Meetra to Malachor V and so was in fact a product of manipulation, rather than a failure. She wanted the confrontation to happen. Regardless I disagree with your interpretation of the battle. Especially the fact that Traya sought to destroy the Force. But this isn't the place for this discussion. Instead I'd direct you to this thread for my interpretation.

your right that did sound a bit heated and I apologize lol I probably need rest, but I will still continue to bring counter arguments I hope I haven't pissed you guys off yet wasn't my intention. just saying if all arguments will be listened to then I do have a right to bring counter arguments last I checked.
Yes you do but this debate could go on indefinitely and is not exactly crucial.

"Ah the wound is not a mortal one."

"Though it has been sometime since I exercised my healing powers, there is a shred of life within you still."

Seems to me Tobin wasn't completely dead...just to clear that little thing up.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

"Ah the wound is not a mortal one."

"Though it has been sometime since I exercised my healing powers, there is a shred of life within you still."

Seems to me Tobin wasn't completely dead...just to clear that little thing up.

Thank you wolf for showing there is a limitation to Traya Healing abilities. But I really feel I need to remove myself from this for a little while.

THe reason I felt Ventress betraying was such a big thing is I don't think the DI can win with out that as nearly every scenario has come down to Malgus and his leadership vs Traya and hers and Ventress is a tipping scale on that balance but lately I think I have been getting more and more heated over this stuff and things in general so going to see if I can stay away and will try to calm down Im sorry for all the rage enduced posts as of late guys its been taking very little for me to fly off the handle as of late.

...but lately I think I have been getting more and more heated over this stuff and things in general so going to see if I can stay away and will try to calm down Im sorry for all the rage enduced posts as of late guys its been taking very little for me to fly off the handle as of late.
Have a break, have a KitKat.

Or...

Your choice. :p

The reason I felt Ventress betraying was such a big thing is I don't think the DI can win with out that as nearly every scenario has come down to Malgus and his leadership vs Traya and hers and Ventress is a tipping scale on that balance.

This is quite Important, because if I understand what you're saying, you're saying you're arguing against the Defection because you think it'll cost the UB the war?

Oh, and I think Beni is right, Mental domination would be something Traya will go for against Ventress, like she did against Bao-Dur...

I think Traya could just knock Ventress unconscious with the force and re-wire her mind, like she did against Bao (****** making a force sensitive Iridonian just feint)

Or do Both :jawa_evil:

You are so right.... how could I have missed this option my god the possibilities...... Either way I think we need to get back to the other debate I think that was in this.

Traya maneuvering Malgus into a trap (isolating him away from his allies to be ambushed by traya and Maul) vs Malgus wiping out Traya's forces and getting her surrounded by sith and massassi .

You are so right.... how could I have missed this option my god the possibilities...... Either way I think we need to get back to the other debate I think that was in this.

Traya maneuvering Malgus into a trap (isolating him away from his allies to be ambushed by traya and Maul) vs Malgus wiping out Traya's forces and getting her surrounded by sith and massassi .

Well I see the second possibility as less likely, because Traya is too stealthy can cunning. But at the same time I introduce a second possibility - Traya's plan backfiring it and ending with her death.

Malgus' biggest strength after all is his ability to tank, in a literal and metaphorical sense.

EDIT: Anyway I've begun tallying the scores so I expect to call this soon, but its no to late to make final arguments.

Edited by Beniboybling

Well I see the second possibility as less likely, because Traya is too stealthy can cunning. But at the same time I introduce a second possibility - Traya's plan backfiring it and ending with her death.

Malgus' biggest strength after all is his ability to tank, in a literal and metaphorical sense.

EDIT: Anyway I've begun tallying the scores so I expect to call this soon, but its no to late to make final arguments.

*Sigh* I'm going to lose again aren't I ^.^

Tbh, with Traya Gobble gobbling Malgus, Maul being a match for Malgus in the saber front, and Ventress being able to take Grevious on... We've got the clash right there. Durge can go have a field day killing Soldiers, being distracted.

Hell, even if right after Malgus dies 70 Bajillion Massassi come through the door, Traya won't die, she'll just conceal herself and let everyone else die :jawa_evil:

Or just force drain an army :D

Yes I definitely see that as a possibility or that he may end up having a couple allies with him or that even though he gets isolated he is able to "tank" it long enough that helps arrives and then surrounds and overwhelms Traya. This is kind of in line with what Rayla was talking about how the UB is tough enough that the DI cant really take them out in one stroke like they would need to and once they have revealed themselves they will be stuck there long enough for help to arrive and bail Malgus out and turn Traya's trap against her. I actually see that as a distinct possibility that Traya seperates malgus and they go into a fight but Malgus is able to draw it out long enough for help to arrive and once it does he is able to turn the tables and possibly kill traya.

*Sigh* I'm going to lose again aren't I ^.^

Tbh, with Traya Gobble gobbling Malgus, Maul being a match for Malgus in the saber front, and Ventress being able to take Grevious on... We've got the clash right there. Durge can go have a field day killing Soldiers, being distracted.

Hell, even if right after Malgus dies 70 Bajillion Massassi come through the door, Traya won't die, she'll just conceal herself and let everyone else die :jawa_evil:

Or just force drain an army :D

Again I still think there is a limit to her force drain she isn't nihilus while she has the potential to be him she isn't him. I would say no more then 5-10 people at a time max taking about 10 seconds for each group.

Again I still think there is a limit to her force drain she isn't nihilus while she has the potential to be him she isn't him. I would say no more then 5-10 people at a time max taking about 10 seconds for each group.
Exar Kun managed to drain an entire army, likely 1,000 or more. The disparity between Traya's and Kun's abilities are not huge. I'd assume she could, with a little prep, take down 100.

If it's Massassi, I'd say it's less than a Second.

Also, if she gotta fight through Sith to get to Malgus, is she not just building power on top of Power on top of power?

AND... Could she not Gobble Vindicaa up right before, absorbing her power and making her more than a match for Malgus?

Exar Kun managed to drain an entire army, likely 1,000 or more. The disparity between Traya's and Kun's abilities are not huge. I'd assume she could, with a little prep, take down 100.

yes he did it with a ritual though and this is Kun I think he is a bit more powerful then her. I do not know that she knows such ritual. With prep though I would assume you are correct but I was assuming she was fighting Malgus before hand and Malgus had back up arrive or I think that's what I was assuming as such she wouldn't really have prep time.

yes he did it with a ritual though and this is Kun I think he is a bit more powerful then her. I do not know that she knows such ritual. With prep though I would assume you are correct but I was assuming she was fighting Malgus before hand and Malgus had back up arrive or I think that's what I was assuming as such she wouldn't really have prep time.
True, true.