The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Opening companion 'locks' in Legacy

Imperius

Hi.

Apologies if there is a thread on this already (Feel free to move this then, or delete it.).

Now, I'm an older player, who's recently re-subbed to the game. Back in the day before the Legacy boxes for each class (with the chapter and companion unlocks), there wasn't much reason to get a companion all the way up to 10000, on the favour scale. And I tended to delete the other classes after I had played them.

So, now I have all the legacy class chapter play-throughs complete, but my companions are halfway blank. I realise this just gives a presence bonus for each companion you get to full, with. (So it doesn't break any PvP or Operation gameplay) But it would be great if we could purchase an ability to fill out an empty companion slot that we might have missed.

There would be some limitations of course:

1.) I'd make it account wide, meaning it might cost some Coin, say equivalent to somewhere between an account cosmetic unlock, and a species unlock.

2.) This could only be available if you've unlocked and completed the Chapter 3 story arc for the class in question. No free unlocks to just cheat. This is for players who may have missed companion openings and really don't wish to make a new game just for one or two missing +10 presence slots!

Clear as mud? Basically: I'd love to unlock my companion bonuses if I've actually completed Ch. 3 for a class, but no longer have the character, for my legacy.

Can it be done?

Hi.

Apologies if there is a thread on this already (Feel free to move this then, or delete it.).

Now, I'm an older player, who's recently re-subbed to the game. Back in the day before the Legacy boxes for each class (with the chapter and companion unlocks), there wasn't much reason to get a companion all the way up to 10000, on the favour scale. And I tended to delete the other classes after I had played them.

So, now I have all the legacy class chapter play-throughs complete, but my companions are halfway blank. I realise this just gives a presence bonus for each companion you get to full, with. (So it doesn't break any PvP or Operation gameplay) But it would be great if we could purchase an ability to fill out an empty companion slot that we might have missed.

1.) I'd make it account wide, meaning it might cost some Coin, say equivalent to somewhere between an account cosmetic unlock, and a species unlock.

2.) This could only be available if you've unlocked and completed the Chapter 3 story arc for the class in question. No free unlocks to just cheat. This is for players who may have missed companion openings and really don't wish to make a new game just for one or two missing +10 presence slots!

Clear as mud? Basically: I'd love to unlock my companion bonuses if I've actually completed Ch. 3 for a class, but no longer have the character, for my legacy.

Can it be done?

You seem to be conflating the Presence bonus you get for completing all the conversations and quests for a given companion with the achievement you get when you get to 10k affection plus 1000 kills with a given companion.

Achievements?

Bleh, that's new to me. All I'm caring about is the +10 presence bonus from unlocking the dialog with the supporting characters, as done in the Legacy tree. Which was new last year.

So, no need to worry about steam-like 'achievements'. Not even mattering.

• 1 month later...
Hi.

Can it be done?

I agree with you, it shouldn't be that big of a deal because it wouldn't affect Operations or PVP. I'm in a similar situation. I don't want to have to go back and redo all of my Republic side classes again. Just came back after years away. Very interested in seeing a Developer response to this.

I've maxed affection with several companions the old way fashioned way (by playing through, and giving gifts), and i'm actually for this. I don't think i'd use it except maybe for someone like rusk just to hear his story. I can see the advantages of it though, and think it could be helpful. Remember though if they have companion missions you'd still have to go back and play them to get that affection.