2.4 PvP Individual Class Records (NEW Arena & Objective Sect.)

Babychka

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55s only, homie.

This is correct. Sorry Akiva.

Arena: Scoundrel/Oprative HPS record

Lovebites #5 -- 2536.38

Love I need a screenshot please. Ty.

Perky - Vanguard (seems like this should qualify for the 300/300 dmg/prot category, but i have no clue how you are ranking them)

http://i.imgur.com/z3sDRDz.jpg

*Special Shout Out to Lexshue for trying to rain on my parade.

They are ranked by total contribution Perky.

Petition to create new records thread, that is separated by spec instead of class.

This is actually a fantastic idea and I thought about attempting that originally. Unfortunately right now there is no way to easily identify specs across the board through a screenshot. If the ss is good and shows all of the ability bars technically you could just look for abilities that are specific to that spec. However because not all ss are created equally and everyone has a customized ui this would be an extremely boring and time consuming process neither of which am I interested in subjecting myself to. Lazy?...yes. Self-serving even?.....maybe, but can you really blame me? I just don't have the time for that sorry. If bioware makes changes and makes each spec easier to identify somehow than I will probably make that change until then that idea is shelved. Sorry.

All records have been updated.

This is actually a fantastic idea and I thought about attempting that originally. Unfortunately right now there is no way to easily identify specs across the board through a screenshot. If the ss is good and shows all of the ability bars technically you could just look for abilities that are specific to that spec. However because not all ss are created equally and everyone has a customized ui this would be an extremely boring and time consuming process neither of which am I interested in subjecting myself to. Lazy?...yes. Self-serving even?.....maybe, but can you really blame me? I just don't have the time for that sorry. If bioware makes changes and makes each spec easier to identify somehow than I will probably make that change until then that idea is shelved. Sorry.

This could potentially be something that is implemented when 3.0 hits since everything in the 2.x thread would be archived.

This is correct. Sorry Akiva.

Love I need a screenshot please. Ty.

They are ranked by total contribution Perky.

Not to totally squash the records that are current, but you could just start a pure arena spec specific thread. But time consuming it would be haha. Was just a thought :p

This could potentially be something that is implemented when 3.0 hits since everything in the 2.x thread would be archived.

Even with 3.0 I haven't seen anything stating that would make a persons spec more easily identifiable across the board via screenshot. Without a change like that made I just don't have the time to sift through each ss looking for key abilities on each persons bar.

Archiving the thread is a completely different issue and something that I am currently considering but have not decided either way on yet. A few members of the PvP community on JC have expressed that they would like the thread to be archived. Therefore I am thinking about it. However I believe that those few represent the vast minority of the PvP communtiy at large and imo (as I expressed before) most of those ppl but not all have that view primarily because their interests are mostly self serving. The thread has been a running list since its inception way back before November of 2012. Multiple class changes, buffs, nerfs, glitches, errors etc... have been changed during that time, none of which required an archiving of the list. Therefore I don't really feel that 3.0 or any other patch should change the way the list is. That would be a fundamental change in what we have done up to this point and also opens the door for anyone to argue that the list should be archived for every little change or patch, which ppl have done multiple times for a variety of different reasons before. That being said I am considering it.

Even with 3.0 I haven't seen anything stating that would make a persons spec more easily identifiable across the board via screenshot. Without a change like that made I just don't have the time to sift through each ss looking for key abilities on each persons bar.

Archiving the thread is a completely different issue and something that I am currently considering but have not decided either way on yet. A few members of the PvP community on JC have expressed that they would like the thread to be archived. Therefore I am thinking about it. However I believe that those few represent the vast minority of the PvP communtiy at large and imo (as I expressed before) most of those ppl but not all have that view primarily because their interests are mostly self serving. The thread has been a running list since its inception way back before November of 2012. Multiple class changes, buffs, nerfs, glitches, errors etc... have been changed during that time, none of which required an archiving of the list. Therefore I don't really feel that 3.0 or any other patch should change the way the list is. That would be a fundamental change in what we have done up to this point and also opens the door for anyone to argue that the list should be archived for every little change or patch, which ppl have done multiple times for a variety of different reasons before. That being said I am considering it.

Since so many buffs and nerfs and nerfs have been made since this thread has started, I don't think anything should be archived until 3.0 because it would be too time consuming to trace back everything. But after 3.0 I think that a class of a major buff/nerf should be archived. I define those as when it is buffed so that it is easy to break the old records and people are blowing them out of the water (merc heals buff). And with nerfs I would put then when a class simply cannot reach those numbers with the state of the class (smash nerf). Minor buffs or nerfs I feel should not be archived to not make this thread too time consuming.

You know... There's nothin stopping you guys from making your own spin off threads. Thats basically what I did when I ran this show. Granted I was on leave and had an enormous amount of free time on my hands.

I'm terrible with any kind of tech and such and won't have too much time In the near future, but I think what would help is if this thread was changed into a google doc with several people having editing privileges so that one person doesn't have to do everything. Just like what the world dps thread is.

Since so many buffs and nerfs and nerfs have been made since this thread has started, I don't think anything should be archived until 3.0 because it would be too time consuming to trace back everything. But after 3.0 I think that a class of a major buff/nerf should be archived. I define those as when it is buffed so that it is easy to break the old records and people are blowing them out of the water (merc heals buff). And with nerfs I would put then when a class simply cannot reach those numbers with the state of the class (smash nerf). Minor buffs or nerfs I feel should not be archived to not make this thread too time consuming.

If the thread is archived it wouldn't happen until at least 3.0 that was never part of the discussion. However I see what you are trying to say. The problem is even by your definition what is defined as a major buff/nerf is still quite subjective. To use your example even with the merc heals buff very few of the existing records were established after the buff. Most of the records for merc heals in every category are STILL old records that were established pre-buff. Still what one person considers major or minor is going to be different than another persons perspective.

I'm terrible with any kind of tech and such and won't have too much time In the near future, but I think what would help is if this thread was changed into a google doc with several people having editing privileges so that one person doesn't have to do everything. Just like what the world dps thread is.

If someone has the time and thinks that the records would be better served by being converted to a google doc than by all means go for it. You have my blessing. It works well for the dps thread but I think thats partly because its a little simpler and the data doesn't change as much as often but thats my opinion. Opening the editing to several ppl would help to alleviate the burden of one person doing all the work but as anyone that has worked on something using google docs or a similar application knows it also introduces its own share of problems. Everything has its pros and cons. Regardless I took this on for the community because a lot of ppl missed it when it was offline for a bit. I designed it this way for the simplicity, for my own purposes in updating and for the users. If you would like to see that changed over to a google doc then you are welcome to take that on but I don't think I'm going to have the time to be a part of that process so I would probably just shut this thread down. I would however try to support that in any way that I could.

You know... There's nothin stopping you guys from making your own spin off threads. Thats basically what I did when I ran this show. Granted I was on leave and had an enormous amount of free time on my hands.

This is a good point. Anyone is welcome to create a separate thread if they so choose. Although this thread has sort of been the unofficial "official" records thread for a long time now I have no issues with someone creating something else. Depending on what that entails the threads could either run simultaneously or I could shut this one down.

Edited by Babychka

Blackposterior - Warzones kills - Sniper - 76 - http://i.imgur.com/EmWqn1m.jpg

Blackposterior - Most medals - Sniper - 17 - http://i.imgur.com/RJOtI81.jpg

Blackposterior - Objective points/Attacker points/Defender points - Sniper - 0 - http://i.imgur.com/M7q5Qq1.jpg

Wiseposterior - Solo kills - Gunslinger - 8 - http://i.imgur.com/djYhg5J.jpg

Wiseposterior - Killing blows - Gunslinger - 31- http://i.imgur.com/GzH90sx.jpg

Wiseposterior - Arena total damage - Gunslinger - 1,075,595 - http://i.imgur.com/e75voxc.jpg

Edited by kvandertulip