The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Covert Energy Helmet

cmorea

This might happen. However, there is also a hide head slot option on the customization tab, which is why I doubt it will happen.

You see subscribers get that option free. However F2P members have to buy it with cartel coins. The question is why spend those cartel coins to unlock it if they can buy this helmet instead? I can see EA shooting this down because the existence of this helmet on the GTN directly competes with the unlock on the Cartel Market. They both give the option of an invisible helmet, don't they?

You're missing the point: hide head slot hides your helmet, but if you do that, a lot of robes acquire a hood that covers your head anyway. Lots of players (myself included) prefer to leave their face exposed and at the moment the only way to do that is to wear the limited selection of robes that don't have a hood, or to wear one of the few circlets that override the hood (most circlets are simply worn under the hood which is even more pointless :p ). If the covert helmet is bundled into a random pack (which, let's face it, it would be :rolleyes: ) then most f2p players who simply want to hide their head slot will buy the Hide Head Slot unlock anyway because it would still be easier to acquire :)

Most covert energy items can be bought for under 50k, which an F2P can easily afford. So if they are being wise with their real life money they would not buy the hide head slot option, ever.

I know I do not like those robes for the very reason you say. Perhaps the best solution is to add a "hide hood" option in the customization tab which only shows up if you are wearing a robe. So you can enable "hide head slot" to show the hood, then "hide hood" which removes the hood and the helmet.

People have been asking for a hide hood option since the game came out, practically, and when it became clear that Bioware have no intention of implimenting it, people started thinking of ways around it (such as the covert helmet). This is exactly the same as what happened with people asking to sit in chairs: people were asking for ages with no luck, then someone had the bright idea to ask for an emote that spawns a chair for you to sit in, and a few months later we got the /chair emotes ;)

Also, I'm sure plenty of people like the hood up look, so a covert helmet wouldn't be right for them and they'd need the hide head slot unlock anyway :)