iphone Autenticator Users Beware!

Luniara

With the release of the new iOS7 for the iphones and itouch, it seems the large update fuddles up the SWTOR Authenticator application and it will fail to open. I myself had to remove my authentication and reattach it. That being said, prepare yourself if you are planning on updating on updating to the new OS.

Get it done before you plan on logging into events to avoid downtime. =)

Here's what to do if you want to update to IOS 7.

Delete the security key app from your phone.

Update to IOS7

Download the security key app from the app store and set it up on your account again.

If you forget step 1, follow the instructions here. http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6765873&postcount=6

Hey folks,

Currently there are some issues with our mobile authenticator functioning correctly on iOS7. As soon as I have any updates I will pass them along.

-eric

I have been using mine just fine now for at least a month on iOS7 (legit developer beta, not a dl workaround from a random webpage). As a matter of fact, I just used it to log in and respond to this.

Now when I first switched to iOS7, I had to delete the app from my phone, go in to my account here and remove the security key, and then re-install the app and re-establish a new security key. No biggie, but the app is/and has been working fine for several renditions of the iOS7 beta's as well as the GM/final release today.

Hey folks,

Currently there are some issues with our mobile authenticator functioning correctly on iOS7. As soon as I have any updates I will pass them along.

-eric

I'm surprised that you had to find this out from your customers. The Apple Dev site has had the iOS7 beta available to developers for months, for the purpose of finding out if your apps run on iOS7 or of they need to be tweaked.

Maybe they'll FINALLY FINALLY update the Authenticator for Android too. I'm rather tired of having to hit the back button a couple of times to exit the app, otherwise the numbers all turn black.

I posted about it way back ... all I got was a "Who cares" shrug post from Bio

+1. And re-installing the app didn't work for me, as the app will not allow me to skip the 7 digit security code step. So I'm calling customer support now.

Honestly, this is pretty disappointing that EA/BW did not test this out.

Ok, I got mine working again. Here's what I did:

#1 remove the app from my iphone and re-install it.

#2 call customer support

#3 use the website to attempt to log in, but tell the website that I lost my security key (removing it from my account)

#4 ask customer support to verbally tell me my 1 time password, because the email I should get from bioware is MIA

#5 click add security key to my account

#6 ask customer support to verbally tell me my 1 time password again (for adding security key).

#7 enter that password into the website

#8 enter the security code and 20 digit serial number into the iphone app

It works now. Due to the email not coming to me (kick the hamster again, BW), there really wasn't a self-service answer.

sorry i mean...

This only for Apple products?

No.

From what I understand the way the authenticators work is that they create a unique ID with your phone. That unique ID is changed anytime there is an operating system update. On an android phone if you were to have one that was updated from one version to another (gingerbread to ice cream sandwich - as an example) the same thing will happen, the authenticator won't recognize "your" phone anymore because 'something' is different.

Same with the IOS7 update.

Detach the key first, then upgrade, then get a new key.

#2 call customer support

#3 use the website to attempt to log in, but tell the website that I lost my security key (removing it from my account)

#4 ask customer support to verbally tell me my 1 time password, because the email I should get from bioware is MIA

#6 ask customer support to verbally tell me my 1 time password again (for adding security key).

It works now. Due to the email not coming to me (kick the hamster again, BW), there really wasn't a self-service answer.

Thank You! This worked perfectly (I even received the 1 time passwords)

Cheers!

#2 call customer support

This worked for me as well, except I didn't have to call Customer service, just right from the website when logging in you can remove the security key by a one time password e-mailed to you.

Then re-add it.

All smartphone/tablet users have to be warned - changing your OS/OS version is like changing your phone for purpose of authentication.

So before upgrade your OS (use cooked roms on Android & so on) just check what is written on authenticator page for changing device - and follow steps there.

This worked for me as well, except I didn't have to call Customer service, just right from the website when logging in you can remove the security key by a one time password e-mailed to you.

Then re-add it.

Same here - I removed the old security key (received one time password), and installed new key :)