Series 515 first look

Hunterkat

Checking out Dulfy I got a look at the new Cybernetic set preview and am quite pleased. This is not just a simple recoloring, the chest piece has had a few modifications too. The 'wings' on the back have been removed as well as the shoulder plates. I like that the back piece has been removed but I'm not too sure about the shoulder plates, I kinda liked them and they fit well on the armor.

I also saw that the head is still the same. Although I totally love the head and will probably continue to use it from the 505 series it would have been nice to see a different style, just in case the artist happen to come up with a even cooler looking one :) One small detail I did notice on the series 505 head was in a close-up during a cut scene, you can see all the way through the head under the front shields on the head! Half the head is empty on the inside. It's not something you would normally see but it's small details like this that can make it really stand out. I think it should be filled in. It could be as simple as just a blackness or if the artist wanted to get really creative maybe some small lights hidden inside and some wiring.

I'm not real enthusiastic about the colors, I like the 505 colors better. The red in that set really stands out. Could we possibly get a dye module in the 505 colors (medium gray/medium red?)? This way we can mix and match pieces of the new set with the 505 and keep the colors the same. Just please, please, please don't make it a super rare dye!!!!!

I still want a toggle that would allow me to keep the head on through all conversations. It looks really silly when the head is removed for companion conversations and such. I mean, where do they get the original head from? Do they keep it in a box for special occasions? "Ohh, I might have to kiss someone in this next scene, let me go put my other head on!" I know this might not bother some people but it kills some conversations for me. I have the 505 on both my bounty hunter and Mako. Every time I have to talk to Mako it looks like she has a human head stuck on a droid body, it looks silly. And they make such a awesome looking team in that armor!

I'm glad to see that the series 505 was not just a one-shot armor and that you are designing more to go with it. I hope to one day see a full droid body with both arms, legs and hands robotic. My only problem now is that I was waiting for my monthly Cartel Coins to unlock the 505 in my collections. Now I have another full set to unlock! Looks like I'm going to have to buy some coins :p