The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Super Rare? or Super Common?

pubstarrandi

If anyone looked over the gear in the new Freelance packs, you'll notice that almost everything is Super Rare. If you look on the GTN, you'll certainly notice not everything is "Super Rare." My problem is that items that are dirt poor cheap on GTN are labeled as Super Rare, but it's not the label that bothers me, it's the hiked up price on the Collections. I think they need to change the rarity or cost. Speedsuit, for example, costs maybe 50k for the entire collection. But it would take 360cc to unlock on collections.

Yes, I've heard the tired argument. "Bioware doesn't know what will be popular!" They don't know exactly but they've got a pretty good guess. Speedsuit again, the only unique thing about that piece is the Underarmour chestpiece sweater. I find it unlikely they thought that would be a hot commodity. Second, i think there's a solution: increase the drop rate of certain gear(guaranteeing it will be common) and lowering the drop rate of items you think will be more in demand.

I'm just frustrated personally love unlocking armor suits on my collections. I generally spend my 500cc a month on just that. But with the current prices, I just won't buy at all. It's not worth it to pay 360 when i could buy 4 sets for 200k. 360cc or 600cc to unlock Revan's gear? The price sucks but it's understandable. The others, not so much.