Looking for Advice on stats for a bodyguard in PvP/PvE

HashyAKAdave

I've been playing as a body guard for a while now and I'm entirely sure which stats to go for.

-Which stats should I aim for as a Merc Body guard healer, and why?

-Do the stats I go for differ in PvP and PvE?

-How exactly does "Expertise" work in PvP?

Any tips/help is greatly appreciated.

I can answer your second questions and your third question. Stats do differ from pve to pvp. Pve tends to be about maximizing your damage output or healing output. Endurance and defensive stats become less important than damage or healing increasing stats such as: Power and Tech rating.

Expertise gives you three bonuses to your character in PvP only:

One:

Increases a percent damage to other players.

Two:

Decreases a percent damage by other players done to you.

Three:

Increases your healing output to other players in PvP.

For your first question, I have no idea. I am sure power is great as well as alacrity rating. Along with Tech rating. I believe there is a healing guide posted somewhere in this forum. Check with that.

Edited by Pinkjello

This is how I look for stats and the order. People say Alacrity isnt important, but I put fast casting as being just as important or even more important as powerful casting.

#1 Aim

#2 Endurance

#3 Crit

#4 Alacrity or Power

I'm also going to be doing a 23/18/0 build for pvp.

This is how I look for stats and the order. People say Alacrity isnt important, but I put fast casting as being just as important or even more important as powerful casting.

#1 Aim

#2 Endurance

#3 Crit

#4 Alacrity or Power

I'm also going to be doing a 23/18/0 build for pvp.

I would agree that Alacrity is a great healing stat. Beyond that I would have to say it is a rather mediocre damage stat. Just thinking out-loud here, I have no mathematical evidence to support this claim, I haven't been able to see if it decreases the gcd at all and since there is no auto attacking while doing other special abilities, it only increases damage dealt by either channeled attacks or attacks that have a cast time. Therefore, that stat doesn't benefit much while other stats benefit all attacks such as power, crit rating, or surge rating. That and the stat ratio to gain 1% of alacrity is rather high at 27.5 roughly per percent. Just my two cents.