Racial ability unlocks

Krevil

So, at the moment when you get to level 50 with a specific race, you unlock that race for all other classes. The other day however I noticed that each race had a special ability, which I'd never seen before as it's a default ability that isn't automatically put on your hotbar when you create the character.

Having now used a few with my different races that have reached level 50, I thought to myself "Why not make it so alongside unlocking that species for all classes, you unlock their racial ability for all characters?". Considering you get different heroic moment abilities for classes, I don't think this is such a bad idea, and it's not like the racial abilities require anything like the use of a special weapon, not to mention it seems like such a simple thing to implement.

Let me know what you think, I'm interested if anyone can come up with a reason as to why this wouldn't be a good idea.

Mostly? Because those skills are lore specific, and some simply wouldn't be posible.

Cathar roar (seriously, try and make the roar of a lion, you won't be able to) and cybernetic scan being the two most obvious choices.

Others...really...I wish I could do (ratataki shadow boxing) on other characters but it gives each race something unique.

The only racial ability unlock I'd really like is the Miraluka Meditation... because only they and Jedi Consulars can meditate properly and regain resources... I'm lucky to have the Life Day Orb to be able to meditate and not have to Seethe on my Sorcerer.

But yea, all abilities are race specific to add flavor to each race... (although the Pureblood one is lacking in real roleplay versatility...) and that includes the meditate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.