The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Regarding the Old Endgame Armor Sets

JaceMatai

In a relatively recent Q&A, Bioware stated that the old Endgame Armor sets will most likely never make it back to the game (Xenotech/Tion/Columni/Rakata and Centurion/Battlemaster). First of all, this is stupid in itself in my opinion and most everyone else's opinion. But with this, as with most things, has a workaround.

Step One: Find NPCs that have armors that match the old armors. Darth Marr for example (who is an example of the Marauder Recruit Armor Set)

Step Two: Rename the item "_____'s Armor Set" rather than Tionese or Battlemaster, ect.

Step Three: Add it to the Cartel Market as Level One, adaptive, with no mods.

I don't see how this presents a problem as Bioware already has the sets on file, but feel free to share your concerns or to support the thread. I'll start--WE WANT THE OLD ARMOR SETS BACK! :p

I've mentioned this several times on this post. The main reason I feel we shouldn't see those armors again is a couple reasons.

1. It's(or was) earned gear. For many of us, getting Rakata was a really big deal. And for those of us that still have those, it's a bit of a badge of honor. It shows we're a veteran of the game and provides us with a pretty unique look.

2. The gear you're asking for is class-specific. If they reintroduced it, it would be available to all class. As a proud wearer of the IA Rakata gear, I would be pretty disappointed to suddenly see BHs and Assasins running around in it. What is a unique look for my agent and a badge of honor would quickly become common place, making it less desirable.

I understand that some wouldn't mind, but that's typically with players who's main had terrible armor(Sorc's PvE Dunce Hat/Wing Shoulders anyone?).