Back after almost 15 months

Yramrag

Got my Jedi Sage to 50, deck out in War Heroes gears, grinding warzones, than disappeared for 15 months (various reasons). Now I am back and sub for 60 days (and bought RotHC), I am kind of lost. So what should I start doing? Get to 55 first? Farm "Classic" commendations (was Black Hole commendation)? What other radically different stuff I should look out for compared to 15 months ago?

Thanks for any advice!

Firstly welcome back.

Warhero gear now has no expertise so it's basically PvE gear now, it should be more than sufficient to get you through the Makeb storyline and the new Makeb and GSI Dailies, this will give you Basic Comms which you can use to get 66 mods for your gear which in turn will allow you to do 55 HM Flashpoints and Story Mode Ops, those will give you 69 modded gear and Arkanian Tokens which allow you to do Hard Mode Ops which drop 72 modded gear and Underworld Tokens. You can probably skip the Classic Comm stage due to your Warhero gear.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy your return to the game.

P.S If you are looking for a guild who is currently running through HM Flashpoints and SM Ops and preparing for HM Ops please get in touch either via PM on this site or the guild website linked in my signature.

Thanks for the info! I was just wondering if I should continue to do those black hole dailies for the classic commendations. Now I know I should try to finish up Makeb instead. How are the prices of stuff these days? I have a combined of 8mil credits on two characters in the same account. Is that enough for anything (I saw someone said they had like 100+mil credits). I don't even remember I had this much credits before I left the game back then.

Thanks for the info! I was just wondering if I should continue to do those black hole dailies for the classic commendations. Now I know I should try to finish up Makeb instead. How are the prices of stuff these days? I have a combined of 8mil credits on two characters in the same account. Is that enough for anything (I saw someone said they had like 100+mil credits). I don't even remember I had this much credits before I left the game back then.

8 million credits is still a lot of money. It won't buy you the rarest items in the game, but it will still buy you a lot. Lots of people are like me and have less than 1 million credits.

The reason that guy has over 100+ credits is either for the new-ish Legacy Achievements, or is saving up for something rare. Something introduced in 2.0 was Legacy Achievements, which gives you Legacy Titles and free Cartel Coins for accomplishing certain feats on your Legacy. One title is "Wealthy," which requires 10 million credits on one character.

If I were you, I would read over the Game Update summaries that BioWare puts out and/or watch their trailers. If you stopped playing 15 months ago, I would start with Game Update 1.3: Allies that came out late June 2012: http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates/1.3-allies . Links to the other Game Update summaries are at the bottom of that page. It helped me a lot when I restarted last November with the Free-to-Play update.

Also, if you want to continue after your 60 days are up, realize that you now can without paying a subscription with the new-ish Free-to-Play system. You will have some restrictions, but most of these can be removed with unlocks, weekly passes, and one-time consumables that can be bought always with Cartel Coins and sometimes with credits on the GTN. You will be a Preferred player, because you paid some money to BioWare. More info is at http://www.swtor.com/free with a great chart at http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Finally, for any questions about the game, besides these forums, Dulfy.net has become a great resource in the last 6 months. Torhead.com and Swtor-Spy.com are also still good resources.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.