The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Allow us to purchase from CM specific items on obsolete cartel packs.

Jedi_riches

I have recently consolidated all old alts across 3 servers, stripped them of unbound items and cash and deleted them.

I found I had several peices for the Classic Forward Recon, only 2 items were missing (Chest and Head) This set is not currently in my collection but would like to complete it for a future trooper but have found it difficult to get the full set, I dont think the items appear often on GTN and if they do I bet they will cost a fortune.

I would think Bioware could offer the ability to purchase specific items to complete collections by charging a few hundred CC coins each item (BOP of course) to allow people to complete collections from the old packs.

No please, that's the best I can say. The good news is, the Classic Forward Recon stuff is available on the gtn and it's still actually pretty cheap.

Here's why i disagree:

1. Those item are lotto items. You buy the packs and hope you get lucky. I'm highly against selling former lotto items on the CM(B/B dyes, which even are still available thru lotto for example).

2. Retiring the packs, and items increases their value. Many like myself hold on to some pieces and patiently wait until the packs are retired. At that point, we then sell to whomever didn't pick them up before. If you place them on CM, you kill their value, putting to waste our time and energy with market prediction. Historically, the most of the packs are up for over half a year, which is also plenty of time to get what you want.

3. Retiring the items increase their value before they're even retired. When people realize that their chances to get the item is as long as the item is still in play, it drives them to buy. If you start posting stuff on CM after they're retired, people will just wait. Believe me, I read the forums. Some people are holding out on buying old pack stuff because they believe the pack will come back in it's entirety. Even placing high walls on old items like the rep vendor has decreased the value of those old items(i.g. Overlord's Throne).

It sucks that you just now realized you want to put it together but that's often how MMO's work with expiring items. I'm sure some people would like to get their hands on the old Life Day, Rak Day, and other event gear. But again, at least on my server, there's plenty of Classic Recon for sale and fairly cheap too.

I agree with a firm NO to this idea.

Each pack has a finite lifetime, we all know that. Sometimes you win, something you lose. I never got a Tythonese Light Saber before the packs where removed. Within a couple of months, some wily old trader had some on the GTN for 4 mill each, so I bought one, which all my toons can now use. Was it worth it for an item you can hardly see, absolutely!

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen