The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Convert Gear to Legacy Bound Option

Elfa

Please, please, please give us the option to go to some kind of kiosk and convert gear to Legacy Bound for Cartel Coins, Credits or both, I don't care, but we want that option and it can make you so much extra cash, please do it for us, I'm begging you guys. Just look through, there are so many threads asking for it.

Make it happen guys, it helps us and opens yet another stream of CM goodness for you.

• 3 months later...

I really want this feature. A cartel market item that will make any adaptive piece in the game a "bind on legacy" piece. I have 16 toons, 1 of each class, on the harbinger, and mirror the classes..so my commando and mercenary for example have the same build and share the same legacy armor that I already have. It would be nice to have this suggested item because, quite frankly, the legacy gear I have to choose from is so limited and I am not happy with the way all my toons look. Part of the appeal of any mmo is to be able to customize your toons appearance to your liking. I think its great that there is gear that is bound to legacy, but the fact that there are so few peices of legacy gear really takes away from my enjoyment.

While Im on the subject, PLEASE take away the class restrictions from the original legacy gear found on the homeworlds. Some of those pieces look really nice, but the legacy is useless for anything except transfering mods, and that costs way to much cash as it is.

So to sum it up. Please make a cartel market item that allows you to make ANY adaptive piece in the game, bound to legacy. If you do this, i will finally have something I really would like to spend cartel coins on. :)

An issue that I see with this that will probably cause it to not be implemented is this:

Say on toon 1, you acquire a full set and it becomes bound to you. Now you can claim this set as many times as you want. Say you now convert it to legacy bound and send it to toon 2. Toon 1 still can reclaim it as many times as he wants, and now toon 2 as well. Thus, you dodge the claim to account cartel coin fee for collections.

I really want this feature. A cartel market item that will make any adaptive piece in the game a "bind on legacy" piece. I have 16 toons, 1 of each class, on the harbinger, and mirror the classes..so my commando and mercenary for example have the same build and share the same legacy armor that I already have. It would be nice to have this suggested item because, quite frankly, the legacy gear I have to choose from is so limited and I am not happy with the way all my toons look. Part of the appeal of any mmo is to be able to customize your toons appearance to your liking. I think its great that there is gear that is bound to legacy, but the fact that there are so few peices of legacy gear really takes away from my enjoyment.

While Im on the subject, PLEASE take away the class restrictions from the original legacy gear found on the homeworlds. Some of those pieces look really nice, but the legacy is useless for anything except transfering mods, and that costs way to much cash as it is.

So to sum it up. Please make a cartel market item that allows you to make ANY adaptive piece in the game, bound to legacy. If you do this, i will finally have something I really would like to spend cartel coins on. :)

This is a really unthealthy mentality to have towards the game. Why you want a cartel market item ? Why not a item that crafters can make instead ? It woudl be a much appreciated buff to crafters in this game, since they are relegated to craft augments and kits anyway

An issue that I see with this that will probably cause it to not be implemented is this:

Say on toon 1, you acquire a full set and it becomes bound to you. Now you can claim this set as many times as you want. Say you now convert it to legacy bound and send it to toon 2. Toon 1 still can reclaim it as many times as he wants, and now toon 2 as well. Thus, you dodge the claim to account cartel coin fee for collections.

But you would be paying cartel coins for every piece that you change to BOL. And just because one toon has it doesnt mean that your other toons wouldn't have to spend cartel coins to get a duplicate of the same piece. They could still have to go through the process of unlocking the piece for account via cartel coins.

This is a really unhealthy mentality to have towards the game. Why you want a cartel market item ? Why not a item that crafters can make instead ? It would be a much appreciated buff to crafters in this game, since they are relegated to craft augments and kits anyway

Well that's what I'm saying. Crafters can make adaptive gear. If I was able to make those crafted pieces BOL via a cartel market unlock, I might actually use them. The point of this is to have gear that I enjoy looking at, without losing the AWESOME convenience of BOL gear. If anything, this feature would increase the use of crafted items.

I'd also like to note that the primary reason that i don't spend cartel coins on gear that is offered on the cartel market, and in packs, or used crafted gear is because they are not BOL. The convenience of BOL gear far outweighs my vanity. :) Edited by Adhabah
additional comment

Well that's what I'm saying. Crafters can make adaptive gear. If I was able to make those crafted pieces BOL via a cartel market unlock, I might actually use them. The point of this is to have gear that I enjoy looking at, without losing the AWESOME convenience of BOL gear. If anything, this feature would increase the use of crafted items.

Crafters can't make adaptive gear actually... But that's not the point, i created a more detailed thread on this a while back (link in my signature) so obviously i fully support the idea.

Crafters can't make adaptive gear actually... But that's not the point, i created a more detailed thread on this a while back (link in my signature) so obviously i fully support the idea.

You are correct, I was thinking of the orange custom gear. Well I guess weapons could be considered adaptive. :) And besides, there are some heavy armor craftable pieces for example that i would like for one of my heavy armor wearing toons.