The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Jedi Lightsaber Duelists

Beniboybling

Well if Corran Horn is indeed a master of all seven forms with his own unorthodox style then I must say I agree that he should be placed above Shaak Ti.

The unorthodox thing may have only been him applying his skills in unarmed combat that he learned and was used by Luke to help create the Strong, Medium and Fast style combined with his use of Takata (I think that's how you spell it) where he occasionally turns the blade off to move past an opponents defense or throw them off balance as he did in his duel with a Yuuzong Vong Battle Master, trying to find the rest of it but will need more time and more sleep :D

Edit: he seemed to use a lot of unorthodox methods in the Yuuzong Vong War and may be his best feats for trying to compare application. I will get to these tomorrow night class is calling me and I have work later today.

Edited by tunewalker

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...when did Shaak Ti fight Vader?

During Operation Knightfall, the attack on the Jedi Temple. They had a brief duel, she couldn't win so she ran away. Hence my slight dislike of her, she ran away in the time the Temple's time of need, you didn't see Cin do that!

/flails!

"Abandon his young students, Cin Drallig would not." - Yoda.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Raggle, fraggle, BIKJAHI! <<....Hmph!...I want more of Cin damnit! We have...

Cin Drallig's lightsaber instructor was none other than Master Yoda himself

This

By the time of the Clone Wars, Master Drallig was old but still one of the Jedi's top swordsmen, his skills described as being "nearly unparalleled."

This

It was the conviction of Count Dooku—himself a former lightsaber instructor who left the Order in 32 BBY—that the cyborg General Grievous' unpolished fighting style could not save him should he ever have to face off against Master Drallig.

This

and

Despite being the Temple’s finest swordmaster at the time of Darth Vader's raid on the Jedi Temple, even Cin Drallig was no match for the Sith Lord

This!

I WANT more than just sourcebook quotes and statements of characters! Why don't we have MORE?! :(

/hides in corner muttering incoherently. :(

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Actually with Wolf's information here we might want to try to think about what we can do with Cin Drallig vs Shaak Ti and possibly Cin vs Corran.

No, no I was just going on a rant lol. I just would like more of Cin rather than sourcebook/character quotes/statements is all.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No, no I was just going on a rant lol. I just would like more of Cin rather than sourcebook/character quotes/statements is all.

Well to me those are enough to make a argument for him we already know Knowledge wise he would be Shaak Ti and possibly understanding since he was the primary instructor and according to those source books he could like have preformed better then her had he been given the chance.

Well to me those are enough to make a argument for him we already know Knowledge wise he would be Shaak Ti and possibly understanding since he was the primary instructor and according to those source books he could like have preformed better then her had he been given the chance.

Really I think Cin > Ti, but that is just me personally.

At any rate, I was just ranting so carry on! But just one more quote..

Trained by Grand Master Yoda, Drallig was a legendary lightsaber instructor and battlemaster at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and his skills were impressive, to say the least. Though he was not a member of the Jedi High Council, his swordsmanship likely rivaled or exceeded that of several Council members. Other Jedi sometimes referred to him as "The Troll" in reference to his relentless training procedures and ferocious attack style.

^ Not sure where this one comes from, could just be something that came outta thin air but I still like it.

Ok my ranting is over...I just want more of Cin rather then source/character quotes!

I mean we got stuff for Seasee Tin and Agen Kolar and all they did was die in EP 3 too!

Hmph! /broods.

Anyway move along, move along.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Saba Is a good Swordsbeing?she was on par ,but lost to Kenth Hamner. Why noone wanted to face her was not so much her skill but her ferocity. Saba fought and defeated Abalogth on her own not with her lightsaber, but by shoving her arm down her throut and biting her head off. I don't care how skilled i am I wouldn't want to face a being that can do that.

Saba Is a good Swordsbeing?she was on par ,but lost to Kenth Hamner. Why noone wanted to face her was not so much her skill but her ferocity. Saba fought and defeated Abalogth on her own not with her lightsaber, but by shoving her arm down her throut and biting her head off. I don't care how skilled i am I wouldn't want to face a being that can do that.

She didn't lose to Kenth she beat him and pushed him off the balcony Kenth died in that duel.

Well, perhaps we should consider Cin Drallig.

At least for contention of Shaak Ti's position.

Drallig was said to be more skilled that some of the Jedi Council members. Is Shaak Ti included?

Ti was on the Council, and I actually would put Cin over her considering all the things. But of course....there is no demonstration of what he can do, all we got is quotes from books or chars.

But again was just ranting, pay it all no mind!