The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

RIP A.C. Crispin

Omnitheo

Ann Crispin passed away yesterday after a long battle with cancer. For those of you familiar with EU books, you may know her as the author of The Han Solo Trilogy.

One of the first SW novels I owned was the Hutt Gambit, book 2 in the trilogy. This book explained the backstory of Han's work with Jabba, introduced us to his rivalry with Boba Fett, friendship with Land, and love interest of Bria. Followed up by Rebel Dawn, which gave the best description of Sabaac, explained how Han won the Falcon, and set the stage for the events of the first movie.

These books were very well travelled, I lent them out to nearly all my friends, to the point where i had to replace one of them. Years later i finally obtained Paradise Snare, the first book in the series, which was the story of young Han, his life in servitude, his learning of Shyriiwook, and his dismissal from the imperial navy over his rescue of Chewbacca.

Even people who dislike the rest of the SW EU will find these books quite enjoyable. Everything from the Kessel run, to the Sabaac Idiot's array, to Hutt reproduction is touched upon, and if you have somehow missed reading these books in the few decades they've been out, you owe it to yourself to check them out.

Paradise Snare

Hutt Gambit

Rebel Dawn.

Thanks again Ann Crispin, for your contribution to the SW Expanded Universe, other Science Fiction works, and your fight for Writer's rights. You will be missed.