The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 13: Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Darth Zannah

Aurbere

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright debaters and spectators, here comes the final decision.

Ulic Qel-Droma struck first with lightning quick, but deceptively strong, attacks, forcing Zannah into her defensive element. Her defense was strong, the shorter blades on her double-bladed weapon sacrificing reach for control. She deflected Qel-Droma's attacks, guiding them away from her frame. The two blades of her weapon allowed her to keep up with the savage offensive of the rival Sith Lord.

The duel quickly proceeded into a winding maze that was built with the expressed intent of testing the mental strength of Jedi students. Zannah maintained her defensive, and tried to use the environment to her advantage, ducking around corners to avoid the savagery of Ulic's assault. Her efforts were in vain, however. She quickly found herself trapped at a dead end.

Quickly she reached out with her Sorcery to pierce Ulic's mind. The mental assault staggered the Sith Lord, halting his advance. The mental assault was strong, it attacked Qel-Droma with his own fears. Taking her chance, Zannah went for the quick kill, but her attack was blocked. Surprised, Zannah was quickly forced back onto the defensive. Frantically she tried to regain her composure. With her back to a corner, she had no choice but to remove herself from her current position.

She quickly diverted another of Ulic's attacks and leaped away, but the Sith Lord was on her faster than she could have imagined. Unexpectedly Ulic remained strong, his energy seemed to be infinite. Zannah blocked as many blows as she could, but she couldn't recover fast enough. She had only one chance.

She deflected another of Ulic's strikes and made a jumping strike aimed for his head. Ulic dodged the attack, and brought his fist up into her chest, slamming her against the wall. Ulic attacked again, but Zannah couldn't defend herself any longer. Ulic severed the Sith Lady's lightsaber.

Zannah attempted to attack him with the Force, hurling Ulic to the hall entrance. Ulic quickly recovered and retaliated with his own Force attack, grabbing the Sith Lady with a Force Choke, crushing her trachea.

Ulic Qel-Droma is the winner.

Thoughts and Conclusions:

I must say that I believed that Qel-Droma would win from the start. At first it seemed like that wouldn't be the case, but it quickly turned around for Ulic. Kudos Rayla.

Thank you all for participating. Stay tuned for the fourteenth match of The BattleZone!

Edited by Aurbere

The scenario seems a little flawed... but ah well, you win some you lose some.

Didnt you hear? Aurbere's thought long an hard about this, and the scenario doesn't matter,

It's just fluff and you should read the disclaimer... He could change everything in the Scenario and Ulic would still win :rolleyes:

:D

Flawed? How do you mean?
I shouldn't push it, but oh well too late now...

The device in which Zannah is slowly backed into a corner is strikingly similar to when Bane attempted to back her up against a ship on Ambria. At which point Zannah let him think he was in control while she prepared her a mental attack. I see no reason why she would not do the same, and at some point unleash its full power on an unsuspecting Ulic.

Another thing I would point out that any assault on Ulic's mind would keep him completely occupied, and like Zannah too given the power of his will. I'm not sure Zannah would be able to rush Ulic and if she did, I don't see Ulic being able to defend himself. Especially if we consider this to be a charged attack.

And if it had failed (which it never has before so we can only really speculate) I don't Zannah would push the offensive in lightsaber combat (which she has no aptitude for) and instead would either flee or try again.

But anyway, I don't expect you to change for mind and I know that its just a scenario. And that the battle could have gone many different ways, and perhaps in a more plausible scenario Ulic still would have one.

That of course won't stop me avenging Zannah's death, oh no, Ulic's going doooown.

Didnt you hear? Aurbere's thought long an hard about this, and the scenario doesn't matter,

It's just fluff and you should read the disclaimer... He could change everything in the Scenario and Ulic would still win :rolleyes:

:D

Well if Darth Vader tripped on his cape and broke his neck on his way to the Trayus Academy you might have a point there... :jawa_wink: