Server que/ Afk macroing fixed?

Catchmeifucan

What are you talking about?

I use my keyboards features to make sure I don't log out when I'm AFK and they are working fine.

Don't get mad at me, I'm just using features that my keyboard is built for..

Way to admit to using a third party program to automate your keystrokes while you're not physically at the keyboard. Last I checked, this violated EULA/TOS and can result in your account being suspended and/or banned.

/golfclap

Why wouldn't it work?

What exactly are you trying to do that's not working?

The keyboard sends a command every X seconds (that command is an ability that doesn't require an enemy to pull off, ie; powertech's flamethrower or flame sweep)

The game detects user input and does not go into AFK mode. Are you using a third party program or something?

Way to admit to using a third party program to automate your keystrokes while you're not physically at the keyboard. Last I checked, this violated EULA/TOS and can result in your account being suspended and/or banned.

/golfclap

Wow.

I'm not using any third party program.

My keyboard (the hardware) has a feature to send keystrokes on a timer.

It's built into the hardware and in no way a third party program.

It's the same thing as keyboards that supports macros, just a bit more advanced.

Try again, troll.. unless of course, you want to say using a certain keyboard is breaking the ToS.. then go right ahead.

What if I set up an elaborate mechanical contraption to hit the space bar every 10 seconds? Is that against the ToS ? Because that's basically what the keyboard does, except I just tell the hardware to execute X key every 20 seconds 99999 times.

And who said I wasn't physically at the keyboard? I never said I was actually 'away from keyboard' I said it simply prevents the game from flagging you as "AFK". I never said I left my keyboard... so yeah say whatever you'd like but there's no way for Bioware to differentiate automated keystrokes sent from a piece of hardware with the ability to send automated keystrokes and a user hitting a key every X seconds.. no way to tell, because there's no third party program.. so there's no banning or any of that nonsense because I'm not doing anything wrong.

Have fun in the que.

Edited by ericdjobs

Wow.

It's the same thing as keyboards that supports macros, just a bit more advanced.

Try again, troll.. unless of course, you want to say using a certain keyboard is breaking the ToS.. then go right ahead.

Anything that automates your character without you being physically at the keyboard can be considered a botting program, similar to WoWGlider. Should Bioware/EA decide to look in on your character and watch it after EXACTLY 60 seconds do your buff spell every 60 seconds for 5 minutes, they can choose to flag your account, and take it from there.

Uh, macroing and unattended macroing are very different.

One is ok, the other is typically a bannable offense in most MMOs. Avoiding the queue through use of a macro would be, technically, gaining an unfair advantage over your fellow players. Most companies disapprove of that...

Hey guys did not wont to start a fight, I just tested twice in the last 4-6 hrs and both time was disconnected so just thought they might of fixed it but hey maybe it was 2 random dc's(just odd because I have not had a dc yet)

Now I dont think you should be allowed to do this but Im not going to judge someone that does (if any one should judge them let it be bioware)

Anyway if it has not been fixed hope it gets fixed soon(if that is even possible)

Wow.

What if I set up an elaborate mechanical contraption to hit the space bar every 10 seconds? Is that against the ToS ? Because that's basically what the keyboard does, except I just tell the hardware to execute X key every 20 seconds 99999 times.

The feature is third party program. It is control by the hardware's software....

Anything that automates your character without you being physically at the keyboard can be considered a botting program, similar to WoWGlider. Should Bioware/EA decide to look in on your character and watch it after EXACTLY 60 seconds do your buff spell every 60 seconds for 5 minutes, they can choose to flag your account, and take it from there.

Never said I physically went away from the keyboard. I simply stated it prevents the game from flagging you as "afk"... like if you're talking to your grandma on Skype.

Never said I physically left the keyboard ;)

So have they fixed this? (macroing so you dont log out?)

I tested a couple of times now and both times came back and was logged out.

If they have good job :) as it also seems the que is moving faster now as well.

Well, I can say that putting a piece of paper in the W key while running into my ships wall kept logging me out.

Uh, macroing and unattended macroing are very different.

One is ok, the other is typically a bannable offense in most MMOs. Avoiding the queue through use of a macro would be, technically, gaining an unfair advantage over your fellow players. Most companies disapprove of that...

Here, lemme re-quote what the dude just said:

I use my keyboards features to make sure I don't log out when I'm AFK and they are working fine.

What does AFK mean again? "Attack Faster, Kill!!!" ??

The feature is third party program. It is control by the hardware's software....

No, it's not. The keyboard is designed to do this, I should know as the timer feature is something I added myself (circuit). It's done all in hardware, when the timer fires it actually sends a real key-press.

You can more than likely find the required know-how and schematics online if you look hard enough on google.

Here, lemme re-quote what the dude just said:

What does AFK mean again? "Attack Faster, Kill!!!" ??

Yeah, AFK has taken on different meanings these dasy, it can meaning literally away from keyboard or it can mean someone simply went to do something else in another window.. sorry for the confusion.