Need help

Rhyus

Ok, so, I've been away for a long time, like over a year. I decided to get back into it, but, with there being a lot of new things in the game, not sure where to go. I have a level 50 Sith Warrior Marauder. I've had my points removed from my skills. Now, not knowing where they were before, since it has been a long time, I need some help in trying to put my skills back together. I no longer know what is good and bad in the skill tree. So, any and all help would be very welcomed.

Ok, so, I've been away for a long time, like over a year. I decided to get back into it, but, with there being a lot of new things in the game, not sure where to go. I have a level 50 Sith Warrior Marauder. I've had my points removed from my skills. Now, not knowing where they were before, since it has been a long time, I need some help in trying to put my skills back together. I no longer know what is good and bad in the skill tree. So, any and all help would be very welcomed.

It would help to know which tree you want to use and whether you intend to PvP or PvE. I do not wish to impugn your skill without knowing you, but since you're out of practice for so long I think Rage or Annihilation would be best. Carnage is very RNG dependent and its priorities are hectic and resource management is tight.

For PvP Rage seems to be all the...Rage. Conventional wisdom is that Carnage is second with Annihilation being last, but I know people who swear by Annihilation/Watchman.

For PvE I often read that Carnage is very good with Annihilation being second. Rage is not as good because sustained damage is not there and it relies too heavily on Smash which can spell awkwardness in operations.

As far as builds--people do different things but I do these:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZRGRRRrRrrIR.3 (Carnage)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIrRrRRfsrzZG0M.3 (Annihilation)

Rage--I really don't know much about Rage.

The best Annihilation build is 36/8/2.

Both Annihilation and Carnage are absolutely viable for elder-game PvE. Carnage is more popular now, and it seems to be easier to pump out stellar damage. At the same time, Annihilation seems to be easier to pump out near-stellar damage, and may offer a higher max DPS limit.