Spitting on the dead.

Hazaz

Hey Hazaz,

Thanks for posting this. At first i thought it was a positive request about silly folks who do silly emotes in hopes of getting a rise out of people because of how inadequate they feel themselves. However then someone challenged you on it and you became passive aggressive. Now it just seems like you have a superiority complex. Respect for yourself is one thing, you may have it, but its not what you are showing now. Now you are just showing that someone spit on you and it did, in fact, get a rise out of you. So now here you are being preachy about what is acceptable and guiding people to believe that social competition is a weakness - which is silly. This is a video game - the level of anonymity is far to addictive to people will low self-esteem. If you do have self-respect then why come here to feed trolls? If you didn't know that people would lash out on you then you are just playing the fool.

Hey Hazaz,

Thanks for posting this. At first i thought it was a positive request about silly folks who do silly emotes in hopes of getting a rise out of people because of how inadequate they feel themselves. However then someone challenged you on it and you became passive aggressive. Now it just seems like you have a superiority complex. Respect for yourself is one thing, you may have it, but its not what you are showing now. Now you are just showing that someone spit on you and it did, in fact, get a rise out of you. So now here you are being preachy about what is acceptable and guiding people to believe that social competition is a weakness - which is silly. This is a video game - the level of anonymity is far to addictive to people will low self-esteem. If you do have self-respect then why come here to feed trolls? If you didn't know that people would lash out on you then you are just playing the fool.

Hey, thanks for getting the urge (understanding) that had me bothering to start this thread! I meant this to be an open acknowledgement of folk who use silly emotes, or make efforts to be demeaning to other players. I have no interest in "how inadequate they feel themselves". That's a level of judgement I am not morally equipped to measure.

I gotta admit. The common pop-psych trope of "passive-aggressive" you use must not mean what I think it means? Does it mean anything? . Looked it up on Wikipedia (for what that's worth) and got- Passive-aggressive behavior is the indirect expression of hostility, such as through procrastination, hostile jokes, stubbornness, resentment, sullenness, or deliberate/repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible.

I guess I have made wise-*** responses. I made hostile jokes? Probably so. I hope you will understand that there was no "stubbornness" or "resentment"? Obviously I have no recognizable responsibility to this forum that I have shirked? Or... I have failed to accomplish requested tasks?

To my observation, the post I am responding to is the most common of internet aggressive/dialectics. You are characterizing my posts as emotional and rude, while insisting your posts (and anybody supporting) as light game input? "Get a rise out of you" is meant to show that I am emotionally committed? and emotionally wild. While "This is a video game" is supposed to demonstrate how causal and disinterested you are?

Criticizing a shorter post as "preachy" is cute. :)

Yet... your first post in this thread is so much longer than the first. You don't care, but try harder and explain more than the first post...

This has been a LOT of FUN! Thank you so much for finding this midling subject worth your attention.

Ive heard if you spit on GGs corpse he revives as an asian ghost that will show up in your skype telling you how many living days you have left.

Then at the end of the countdown he will crawl out of your pc screen and raep you.

Thats what i heard in the fleet anyway.

Don't. It does not hurt them, and it makes you look like a weenie. :t_redface:

I spit on people when I kill them, because it usually provokes them enough to rage at me, then I get myself into an E-Argument and my evening commences.

Reactions like this forum thread are a prime example of why I still continue to do it.

Quality

I spit on people when I kill them, because it usually provokes them enough to rage at me, then I get myself into an E-Argument and my evening commences.

Reactions like this forum thread are a prime example of why I still continue to do it.

Quality

A- Best reason to "Spit on the Dead" posted in this thread. Folk who insist they only "spit" on players killing lowbies ignore the simple reality that killing lowbies draws interesting competition. This game (regrettably) does not encourage open world pvp. We make it as best we can. I'm not sure spitting on folk does that, but if you see returns, I won't pretend I know better. Kudos for trying to foment open-world scraps!

B- This forum is not a reaction to YOU specifically, is it? Being vulgar and rude to other players is MORE worth your time if anybody bothers to object? You are rudest when other people object to your behavior?

Spiili- I genuinely hope you will respond here. :)

Ganking lowbies is quite possibly one of the major reason why people who primarily PvP end up on a PvE server. And of course, spawn and corpse camping also results in more PvPers on PvE servers.

I kill lowbies when I find them. I make a concentrated effort not to kill the same lowbie twice... wth is "ganking" in the specific? Define? I'll kill 'em, but I don't farm.

Having switched here from a PvE server, I'll admit to enjoying this play much more. I think bumping into stronger enemy players in common PvE situations gives texture and excitement. If you're a competent player, it doesn't effect your game much?

Honest, I thought "gank" referred to a suprise attack by multiple enemy players? Can one player gank another?

A- Best reason to "Spit on the Dead" posted in this thread. Folk who insist they only "spit" on players killing lowbies ignore the simple reality that killing lowbies draws interesting competition. This game (regrettably) does not encourage open world pvp. We make it as best we can. I'm not sure spitting on folk does that, but if you see returns, I won't pretend I know better. Kudos for trying to foment open-world scraps!

B- This forum is not a reaction to YOU specifically, is it? Being vulgar and rude to other players is MORE worth your time if anybody bothers to object? You are rudest when other people object to your behavior?

Spiili- I genuinely hope you will respond here. :)

I spit at everyone.

And no, not to me personally, I just thought, oh!, Interested thread, think I'll have a ganders, low and behold it's something worth putting some input into.

The arguments it causes helps fill up the time if there is any, between PvP, and some fantastic screenshots!

I kill lowbies when I find them. I make a concentrated effort not to kill the same lowbie twice... wth is "ganking" in the specific? Define? I'll kill 'em, but I don't farm.

Having switched here from a PvE server, I'll admit to enjoying this play much more. I think bumping into stronger enemy players in common PvE situations gives texture and excitement. If you're a competent player, it doesn't effect your game much?

Honest, I thought "gank" referred to a suprise attack by multiple enemy players? Can one player gank another?

Ganking is pretty much when a group of players jumps a single player or a high level player attacks a player of a much lower level. So, it's pretty much a situation where the other player can't possibly defend themselves. It also doesn't have to be a surprise attack.

No matter how competent you are, a player of a much higher level is always going to beat you. It's not just that they have access to gear with far better stats but their defenses actually scale based on the level difference. It's pretty much impossible for someone at level 20 to do damage to someone who is level 30.

There really is no challenge involved when it comes to ganking. It's pretty much just a free kill. For the player on the other end, it's an annoyance.

Edited by Dedrayge

Ganking is pretty much when a group of players jumps a single player or a high level player attacks a player of a much lower level. So, it's pretty much a situation where the other player can't possibly defend themselves. It also doesn't have to be a surprise attack.

No matter how competent you are, a player of a much higher level is always going to beat you. It's not just that they have access to gear with far better stats but their defenses actually scale based on the level difference. It's pretty much impossible for someone at level 20 to do damage to someone who is level 30.

There really is no challenge involved when it comes to ganking. It's pretty much just a free kill. For the player on the other end, it's an annoyance.

Good and well reasoned input, many thanks. Obviously an easy win (in any situation) is nothing to brag about... Doesn't keep folk from doing so.

For myself, I don't mind getting spanked occasionally. Price of a pvp server, right? Sarcasm aside, the reason I started this thread was just to gauge the communities tolerance for vulgar strutting, and demeaning behavior to the losing opponent.

I am always happy to find an open world scrap! Win or lose, this is (to me) much better game than contrived WarZone's. I assume my opponents feel the same way, so I'm nonplussed when they are rude or crass. That kind of behavior makes me want to log and watch TV or frap or something... Is that the goal? When an enemy keeps coming back to the same open-world fight, I assume they are enjoying it as much as I am! When they act like wienies... I'm not hurt, I just lose interest. If ego becomes an issue, it's not so much fun.