Tauntaun Rams on CC? When?

calypsissmexy

Did devs make a promise that rams would stay pre-order exclusive? If not, how hostile are founders to the idea of putting them on the CC? And how large a group do founders compose at this point?

Regardless of how large a group the founders are right now (which I happen to be one) an item that was meant to be a gift to early supporters, collectors edition owners, digital deluxe owners, etc... should never be made any other way.

None of these things give any competitive advantage over anyone else so they should remain this way.

It's not hostile, (s)he has a point.

It's like the Revan title. You were either around to get it or you weren't. If you're lucky, you can get it on GTN very cheap but it defeats the purple of having a special 10 year anniversary item if you can just wait a while and just give it away again to everyone. Or the pre-order bonuses for the expansion. Why offer bonuses to people if you're just giving them away at a later date.

Personally I don't think new people should be given Founder because it defeats the purpose of the title.

Did devs make a promise that rams would stay pre-order exclusive? If not, how hostile are founders to the idea of putting them on the CC? And how large a group do founders compose at this point?

Not sure what the CC is.....I'm assuming you mean CM....Cartel Market. The Tauntaun Rams weren't pre-order rewards and they weren't for founders. The Tauntaun Rams were subscriber rewards given to anyone who had an active sub when Game Update 1.2 was released. They aren't going to put them on the CM. Anything released on the CM would be a variation. If you want a Tauntaun pet, then just get the Taunlet....it's pretty easy to get.

Not sure what the CC is.....I'm assuming you mean CM....Cartel Market. The Tauntaun Rams weren't pre-order rewards and they weren't for founders. The Tauntaun Rams were subscriber rewards given to anyone who had an active sub when Game Update 1.2 was released. They aren't going to put them on the CM. Anything released on the CM would be a variation. If you want a Tauntaun pet, then just get the Taunlet....it's pretty easy to get.

Taunlets are not as cute. Rams are nuclear levels of cute. Taunlets are...not.

It's not hostile, (s)he has a point.

It's like the Revan title. You were either around to get it or you weren't. If you're lucky, you can get it on GTN very cheap but it defeats the purple of having a special 10 year anniversary item if you can just wait a while and just give it away again to everyone. Or the pre-order bonuses for the expansion. Why offer bonuses to people if you're just giving them away at a later date.

Personally I don't think new people should be given Founder because it defeats the purpose of the title.

Making something publicly available at a later date in no way negates the bonus of getting something early. Otherwise beta testing wouldn't be exciting.

Making something publicly available at a later date in no way negates the bonus of getting something early. Otherwise beta testing wouldn't be exciting.

You compare this to beta testing? So, many beta's end with a end of beta event that never return for the live game, and even here we had titles that one could only get if one played on the PTS, and are also not available anymore.

The tauntaun ram was a gift at a special time, and if no giving that to everyone would rob the players who had subscribed back then of their special status. Also, you are only a founder if you where around when the game was about a month old, everyone else is just a latecomer (wouldn't mind if BioWare would give such a title out for complaners like you).

And I was very neutral with my first answer, not hostile, if I get hostile it looks much different. But, here is still a lesson to learn for you, next time, you start a thread, don't accuse people with an different opinion of hostility, because you derail your own tread with such stupidity, and you look like you are the stubburn one who cannot accept other poeples opinion. And because of that, I am even glad now that you don't have it and hope now you really never get a tauntaun ram, don't want to share it with people like you!

You compare this to beta testing? So, many beta's end with a end of beta event that never return for the live game, and even here we had titles that one could only get if one played on the PTS, and are also not available anymore.

The tauntaun ram was a gift at a special time, and if no giving that to everyone would rob the players who had subscribed back then of their special status. Also, you are only a founder if you where around when the game was about a month old, everyone else is just a latecomer (wouldn't mind if BioWare would give such a title out for complaners like you).

And I was very neutral with my first answer, not hostile, if I get hostile it looks much different. But, here is still a lesson to learn for you, next time, you start a thread, don't accuse people with an different opinion of hostility, because you derail your own tread with such stupidity, and you look like you are the stubburn one who cannot accept other poeples opinion. And because of that, I am even glad now that you don't have it and hope now you really never get a tauntaun ram, don't want to share it with people like you!

Oh my.

I think you may have assumed a lot inaccurately from the little I said. But wow.

Edited by calypsissmexy

The one given out should remain exclusive. That said I don't see any issue at all with a clearly visibly different version being introduced at some point.

The one given out should remain exclusive. That said I don't see any issue at all with a clearly visibly different version being introduced at some point.

This is what I'm thinking. Some thoroughly recolored version would be nice. I just think the pack and horns are so adorable. I use NO pets at all, but I'd use that.

Another one is available, the OP just doesn't like it and is more or less stomping their foot whenever anyone disagrees with them.

Special items are just that, special. You are either there whent hey are given out or you lose out.

If ANY item should have a chance at being made available again it is the party jawa seeing as there are achievements in pvp on every map for killing others while you have it out, or killing players that have one out.

The tauntaun ram (which is adorable, and I get asked where I got mine constantly) however has no such achievments associated with it, it is just a special pet for people who had an active subscription when 1.2 went live. That is all.

By the way, the most adorable mini pet is the gizka IMO...which are no longer available if memory serves as the packs that had them aren't available any longer. So I can't get it now, oh well. Such are things when exclusive items come and go.

Another one is available, the OP just doesn't like it and is more or less stomping their foot whenever anyone disagrees with them.

Special items are just that, special. You are either there whent hey are given out or you lose out.

If ANY item should have a chance at being made available again it is the party jawa seeing as there are achievements in pvp on every map for killing others while you have it out, or killing players that have one out.

The tauntaun ram (which is adorable, and I get asked where I got mine constantly) however has no such achievments associated with it, it is just a special pet for people who had an active subscription when 1.2 went live. That is all.

By the way, the most adorable mini pet is the gizka IMO...which are no longer available if memory serves as the packs that had them aren't available any longer. So I can't get it now, oh well. Such are things when exclusive items come and go.

Not sure what you mean by stomping my foot...the taunlets aren't the same. I don't deny their existence, I just don't care for them. *shrug*

Besides, it doesn't really matter what I want. I was just curious what others thought, but obviously I'm late to this discussion because all I'm getting are people who seem very done with it.

Oh my.

I think you may have assumed a lot inaccurately from the little I said. But wow.

Maybe you should learn then to be more clear with what you say... like it is not clear from your first post that you would be fine with a recoloured tauntaun ram. And because of your attitude you still have, I hope that not even this will be happen!

Maybe you should learn then to be more clear with what you say... like it is not clear from your first post that you would be fine with a recoloured tauntaun ram. And because of your attitude you still have, I hope that not even this will be happen!

:\ Not sure I'm really the one with the extreme attitude here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.