Unbinding Items

El_Sistema

Why can't there be an option to unbind items from pickup? Being able to sell specific artifacts on the GTN could be a bit more profitable than having to sell to a simple vendor at a much lower cost. Most of the items you find are useless if you're geared up.

Most items purchased with cartel coins have a bound time limit, so there is a precedence to follow.

It's better to earn low quality items that you can't use? Seems to me earning the credits to purchase higher quality items on the GTN makes no sense of your reply/

I been here since day 1 and yes I have not and will not buy an upgrade off the GTN. I never had the need to. There is no need when I can just go out and play the game to earn new gear.

I been here since day 1 and yes I have not and will not buy an upgrade off the GTN. I never had the need to. There is no need when I can just go out and play the game to earn new gear.

On this tangent, getting creds in game then buying stuff from other players off the GTN is part of "playing the game," just not a part you choose to participate in.

Not really. The option to unbind shouldn't be forced.

Uh what?

So, in your summation, I could go out, do SNV HM 8Man once a week, farm the 72 gear, and sell it on the GTN, so no one else would have to work for it? What's the point of the game?

Binding ensures that you do the work for the gear, and keeps the economy of the game going.

And people complain about pay to win NOW.

^ This.

If I roll a fresh faced level 55, I learn a lot the mechanics of my toon by gearing up via ops.

Imagine what your pug would be like with new 55's in full 75's (That they purchased) in Nightmare Mode.

Edited by Laughard

Uh what?

So, in your summation, I could go out, do SNV HM 8Man once a week, farm the 72 gear, and sell it on the GTN, so no one else would have to work for it? What's the point of the game?

Binding ensures that you do the work for the gear, and keeps the economy of the game going.

I don't see your point being relevant. There's nothing unusual about someone purchasing low quality items on the GTN. It's being done already. Anyone who purchases gear on the GTN doesn't work for it, apart from earning the credits.

As I stated later in the post, 72 was a bad example since it can be crafted (no set bonus though, which is achieved via in game drops, something that EVERYONE would get with unbinding)

Would you be okay seeing someone in full 75 gear when you're busting your butt to earn it?

I don't see your point being relevant. There's nothing unusual about someone purchasing low quality items on the GTN. It's being done already. Anyone who purchases gear on the GTN doesn't work for it, apart from earning the credits.

And earning credits does not count as "working" for it? I beg to differ. Taking the time to earn the credits is still worthwhile.

Do you sew your own clothes at home, or do you go to the store an buy them?

This may very well be the weakest complaint of the year about the game.

The entire point of BoP items is that you earn then through direct play, NOT through commerce. As much as this game get's pissed on for making things so easy.. you want to make it even easier I guess.

Sorry OP.. you know the answer to this question... so stop complaining. There are ample ways to earn an in game income inside SWTOR. You few "low grade" BoP items are not one of them.

The entire point of BoP items is that you earn then through direct play, NOT through commerce. As much as this game get's pissed on for making things so easy.. you want to make it even easier I guess.

Sorry OP.. you know the answer to this question... so stop complaining. There are ample ways to earn an in game income inside SWTOR. You few "low grade" BoP items are not one of them.

Boom. Close thread.

And earning credits does not count as "working" for it? I beg to differ. Taking the time to earn the credits is still worthwhile.

Do you sew your own clothes at home, or do you go to the store an buy them?

That's not what I said. Apart from earning credits is working for it.

My point was not making the game easier it's making the most of the time you spend in the game. And mu comment is not a complaint it's a question.

Not really. The option to unbind shouldn't be forced.

If you can unbind an item, then someone who hacks your account can send to a friend/cohort, as it is at the moment all they can do is sell it to a vendor for a fraction of the true value. This is not much of a comfort, but it s better than thinking about someone running around in your treasured possessions.

If you can unbind items then binding them becomes pointless. The whole point of BINDING is that nobody but you can use them, they are bound to you, to unbind makes it ridiculous.

Almost every MMO has a bind system, even Hello Kitty Online. If your desire is pay in game credits to win a game, without any combat work, perhaps an MMO isn't for you.

It's just the way things are. It promotes gameplay and in-game economy. Highly doubtful that they will ever do away with binding, because it's a dumb idea.

We're not redesigning the wheel here.

Edited by Laughard

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.