Desperately need help please?

Jay-Kor

:confused:

I'm trying to patch my SWTOR from scratch, and it appears at certain points it's like it's getting stuck, it's definitely not my new PC, it's more than enough for TOR. at one point it got stuck on 58.87%, I restarted the launcher and it's moving along now again, albeit slowly. Has anyone had this happen before? I'm currently downloading at 512kbps however at this point it says that it's installing not downloading..... (speed is due to poor internet in my area, Aussie net sucks.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try this first.

Greetings,

If you use the streaming launcher (ST in the bottom left hand corner), please follow the steps below:

1. Close both Launcher and SWTOR.
  2. Delete the “BitRaider” directory from your game install directory

1. For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\BitRaider
    2. For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\BitRaider

[*]Run the Launcher

If the issue remains, please submit an in-game ticket and the issue will be investigated.

Thank you!

If that doesn't work try this, (you will have to redownload some files, but it is a much more reliable patching method)

Greetings,

You could try switching back to the non-streaming launcher to see if that goes better. But switching from streaming to non-streaming will force a re-download of the entire game, but as you just uninstalled I presume this would not be an issue.

To switch to the non-streaming launcher, please do the steps below:

• Make sure that neither SWTOR.exe nor Launcher.exe are running (check in Task Manager).
  • Change the following line in the launcher.settings file (default directory:C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic):
    From “bitraider_disable” : false to “bitraider_disable” : true and save the file.
  • Restart the launcher, a complete re-download should be triggered.

Please come back to us if the issue remains.

Thank you!

Edited by NicAX

Followed option one, it's sped up but not by much, before it took like an hour just to install a further 10%. Keeping an eye on it now. Can you explain more fully what exactly option 2 does please?

Basically you are using the streaming or "BitRaider" launcher at the moment and the above changes the launcher patching mode to the original non-steaming mode. Doing this requires a different file setup so some if not all of your existing install may have to be redownloaded, although the original patching mode is much more reliable and you shouldn't have the issue again in the future.

62.74, can anyone tell me if this is normal?

No it's not, of cause there could be other problems causing this but if I were you (even with slow internet speeds) I'd switch, let it download over night and you can pause it and continue later if needed.

Edited by NicAX

So option 2 then basically? Ok, but I'm pissed, (your help has been very much appreciated) That's a whole days patching wasted now.

If you really don't want to redownload I can suggest other things to try but the vast majority of the time using the SSN launcher fixed things like this.

Anyway sorry to here that, keep us updated and hopefully you'll be back in the game soon.