The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Droid Supremacy vs Undying Brotherhood

Beniboybling

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're calling them Canon Fodder against very strong foes, and then using the fact that they're Canon fodder to say they wouldn't stand a chance against Durge... THAT's what we have an issue with here....;)

Because they wouldn't. Again...not saying they wouldn't get a few licks in, but beating Durge? No.

No, it really doesn't.

Yes, it really does. Nameless guys against a well developed character...I am gonna go with the well developed character.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I don't like people calling mah arguments Silly, and useless.... And pointless... And of course, Beni agreed with me concurrently...

However, I think we both came off Harsher than intended in our posts... Truce? :p

Truce. Glad that's cleared up :D

And I'll reread everything see if I can make sense of it in my own, screwed-up little way :p

Edited by StarSquirrel

That's only obvious reason numero uno. I think there are two more obvious reasons that could potentially invalidate your argument.

Love the word Potentially, Aurbere enjoys Dimplomacy :p

I could come up with more Arguments if you really want, but I honestly don't see the point :/

Because they wouldn't. Again...not saying they wouldn't get a few licks in, but beating Durge? No.
And Jar Jar would slap them down too right?

Or maybe Boss Nass? He is technically bigger.

Wait, Jabba the Hutt - you don't get bigger than that.

Jabba the Hutt vs a dozen Sith Warriors. Their lightsabers are useless against Jabba's plot armor and KABLAM! he KOs the lot with a wipe of his tail!

Edited by Beniboybling

By that Logic R2-D2 and C3-PO could take them on.

Obviously not considering those two aren't even built for combat.

And Jar Jar would slap them down too right?

Or maybe Boss Nass? He is technically bigger.

Wait, Jabba the Hutt - you don't get bigger than that.

No.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Love the word Potentially, Aurbere enjoys Dimplomacy :p

I could come up with more Arguments if you really want, but I honestly don't see the point :/

I don't see the point in discussing this either. Let's just say this, Durge has killed a ton of Jedi. Sith, like Jedi, pose some threat, but they can't defeat him alone.

I am being more diplomatic than usual.

Simple...it applies to characters who are combat oriented. Those who aren't built for combat are obviously on a lower tier in regards to fighting, they wouldn't have any training or feats that would suggest they could take them on.

Says the Guy arguing that Sith warriors bred for Combat since birth are useless against anyone decent...

Says the Guy arguing that Sith warriors bred for Combat since birth are useless against anyone decent...

Because they are, again...they can get their few licks in. But they are outclassed by actual characters, who have actual feats backing up what they can do and actually show what they do and why they are on a whole other level compared to the nameless guys who show up.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Simple...it applies to characters who are combat oriented. Those who aren't built for combat are obviously on a lower tier in regards to fighting, they wouldn't have any training or feats that would suggest they could take them on.
Well here's a newsflash. Sith Warriors aren't on a lower tier, they are elite fighters, they are top tier. If you label them as "cannon fodder" then you must accept that R2-D2 would defeat them just as easily as he defeated those B2s.

This is the infallible 'logic' we are dealing with here. Powerful Force users reduced to 'lower tiers' because a certain fictional work portrayed them as canon fodder in the name of plot armor.

Well here's a newsflash. Sith Warriors aren't on a lower tier, they are elite fighters, they are top tier. If you label them as "cannon fodder" then you must accept that R2-D2 would defeat them just as easily as he defeated those B2s.

This is the infallible 'logic' we are dealing with here. Powerful Force users reduced to 'lower tiers' because a certain fictional work portrayed them as canon fodder in the name of plot armor.

No R2 wouldn't be able to defeat them. They are on a lower tier compared to actual characters....unless you think some random nameless SW would be able to beat Mace Windu, Dooku, Obi-Wan, Anakin or Luke.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Because they are, again...they can get their few licks in. But they are outclassed by actual characters, who have actual feats backing up what they can do and actually show what they do and why they are on a whole other level compared to the nameless guys who show up.
Perhaps you are not familiar with the SWTOR Encyclopedia, but it provides extensive information on the capabilities of Sith Warriors. If this is a case of simple lack of information, then it is again flawed logic.

Ok, so I believe the primary argument here is Durge's effectiveness against Sith Warriors right? Ok then let me see here

Durge fought for the Sith in the New Sith Wars, facing several Jedi in combat, learning their techniques and becoming experienced at killing them.

Suggests he knows how to (and has before) killed many force users. I'm not saying he could take an army all at once, but 2-3 at a time I bet he could do it. To support that claim>>

He then engaged Fisto and Koon in close combat while boasting about how his plan had worked. Both his arms were cut off, but thanks to his Gen'Dai physiology he was still able to subdue the Masters. As he strangled them, he was shot in the chest by an intervening prisoner. The Jedi took advantage of his surprise, escaping and trapping the bounty hunter in the lower levels of the prison, though Fisto remarked that such a confinement would not hold him for long.

and for good measure this

I'll just leave these here... (note Aurbere how Plo Koon AND Kit Fisto where subdued by him until he got shot, and even then they had to run away.)

Edited by StarSquirrel