The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Droid Supremacy vs Undying Brotherhood

Beniboybling

Why does the fight take place on a ship hm? Could take place on the battlefield ya know.

At any rate, Durge has shown capable of keeping up with Jedi and dodging their attacks so Malgus isn't just going to simply cut him.

This doesn't help Durge much, it just means Malgus will have Sith to back him up, while Durge has bantha fodder.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't help Durge much, it just means Malgus will have Sith to back him up, while Durge has bantha fodder.

They are all fodder when it comes down to it lol, the only ones worth their salts are named folk. But still I could see a fight happening anyway.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

They are all fodder when it comes down to it lol, the only ones worth their salts are named folk. But still I could see a fight happening anyway.

ENOUGH

I'm sorry, but I've had it up to here (Points really high) with this Canon Fodder argument. :p :p

People say: Oh, the doesn't matter how well the sith were trained they're canon fodder.

Bull. That has no place in these arguments, the Sith were bred for battle, meant to take on Jedi and Republic troops, designed to adapt to the situation and knowledgeable on leading fleets. They. Were. Not. **** ups.

Doesn't matter if they're canon fodder in the cinematics or game, that's because they're facing up against the main characters with plot armor so thick I have yet to find a measuring tape long enough to judge it. When it comes down to it, the Sith were well trained fighting machines, and the Droids were abysmally trained fighting machines (literally) who were designed for Strength in numbers.

It's been shown many times that a force user fighting tactically can never be taken down by a Battle droid, or small group, charing into battle would be a risky and high casualty move if from a long range, but that's not how they fight, they're good soldiers, and decent men.

TL;DR the next person to use the words Canon Fodder shall die by my hands.

BTW: Wolf, I'm not raging at you. I know you didn't mean it in this way, but I saw it a lot through this Kaggath, and never commented til now... I sort of feel I have to :p

ENOUGH

I'm sorry, but I've had it up to here (Points really high) with this Canon Fodder argument. :p :p

People say: Oh, the doesn't matter how well the sith were trained they're canon fodder.

Bull. That has no place in these arguments, the Sith were bred for battle, meant to take on Jedi and Republic troops, designed to adapt to the situation and knowledgeable on leading fleets. They. Were. Not. **** ups.

Doesn't matter if they're canon fodder in the cinematics or game, that's because they're facing up against the main characters with plot armor so thick I have yet to find a measuring tape long enough to judge it. When it comes down to it, the Sith were well trained fighting machines, and the Droids were abysmally trained fighting machines (literally) who were designed for Strength in numbers.

It's been shown many times that a force user fighting tactically can never be taken down by a Battle droid, or small group, charing into battle would be a risky and high casualty move if from a long range, but that's not how they fight, they're good soldiers, and decent men.

BTW: Wolf, I'm not raging at you. I know you didn't mean it in this way, but I saw it a lot through this Kaggath, and never commented til now... I sort of feel I have to :p

Who said I was calling them screw ups? When I say they are cannon fodder, I mean against actual characters...they are cannon fodder. Against other no names, then yeah they would be on an even level or depending on what skill/training they have they would be better.

This doesn't just apply to Star Wars, this applies to pretty much anything involving bad guys and hero characters.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Who said I was calling them screw ups? When I say they are cannon fodder, I mean against actual characters...they are cannon fodder. Against other no names, then yeah they would be on an even level or depending on what skill/training they have they would be better.

I know, I wasn't directing at you mainly, but I believe the phrase: "Their training doesn't matter, at the end of the Day they're canon fodder" has been muttered in this kaggath :p

Again, it's just the phrase, and the earlier things I'm directing that at.

I know, I wasn't directing at you mainly, but I believe the phrase: "Their training doesn't matter, at the end of the Day they're canon fodder" has been muttered in this kaggath :p

Again, it's just the phrase, and the earlier things I'm directing that at.

It doesn't though against main characters lol. XD But ok I see your point, anyway moving on now.

This doesn't just apply to Star Wars, this applies to pretty much anything involving bad guys and hero characters.

see my earlier analysis of the levels of cannon fodder for what wolf is talking about.

Well guess what, I'm officially naming every Sith and Massasi warrior under Malgus' command either Bob, Fred or Derek. And the Droids 01, 02 or 03. Done.

It doesn't though against main characters lol. XD But ok I see your point, anyway moving on now.

You'd call Dooku a main character, yet Maul, a being designed to be killed would be a superior Duelist due to Training... Just because the sith fell to Satele as Fodder doesn't mean they'd fall to Durge :p:p:p

But yeh... moving on ;)

ENOUGH

^^This.

Unfortunately its completely irrelevant in the Kaggath. Plot devices are moot points so don't bother bringing them up.

You'd call Dooku a main character, yet Maul, a being designed to be killed would be a superior Duelist due to Training... Just because the sith fell to Satele as Fodder doesn't mean they'd fall to Durge :p:p:p

But yeh... moving on ;)

they also fell to Jacen Malcom as fodder.

Unfortunately its completely irrelevant in the Kaggath. Plot devices are moot points so don't bother bringing them up.

they aren't plot devices we are talking about skill not every single sith warrior is as powerful as Darth Bane or is some how more powerful then obi-wan or a majority of the jedi Durge killed during the GOLDEN era of the jedi.

Edited by tunewalker

But yeh... moving on ;)

Except Maul has become an actual character..but that is for another time.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Except Maul has become an actual character and actually probably Maul would beat Dooku in saber combat...but that is for another time.

And yet Sith Warriors, un named Sith Warriors have proven to be hard enemies for people like the Hero of Tython...

And yet Sith Warriors, un named Sith Warriors have proven to be hard enemies for people like the Hero of Tython...

Gameplay purposes...and besides I never said that cannon fodder is absolutely useless against main characters, sure at times they may get in their few licks but for the most part they are outmatched most of the time.

its called logic I will get to you when I get home from work until then listen to wolf he does know what he is talking about here.

I don't think you do actually.

You say they fell to Jace Malcom... Probably one of the finest troopers in the Republic Army, future Supreme Commander... The rest of the Republic troopers were pretty much massacred by these nameless Sith Warriors.

We're talking Training here. BRED FOR COMBAT AND DEATH. ONLY THE STRONGEST SURVIVE.

These people have seen battles against Republic officers across the galaxy, fought Jedi to the death, and taken down squads alone... These Sith are powerful...