The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Droid Supremacy vs Undying Brotherhood

Beniboybling

The mines over Dac or in Geonosis's asteroid belt could be brutal.

• PD turrets make any projectile weapons largely ineffective.
  • Sensor Jammers can cover for mines, boarding parties, and stealthed ships.
  • Disruptor rifles will tear apart Sith as they close. Imagine a charging wall up Sith suddenly evaporate. And if they try to hit the tunnels, a few of these will easily halt a force without ranged attack.
  • Cloaking Devices would allow a few blockade runners to get into the Sith fleet and drive several tons of explosives (hopefully nuclear) into Malgus's ship (on which PROXY has already placed a beacon). This is on top of the usual military applications such as traps.

This isn't looking very good for UB imo...

Note the proximity mines were referring to ground mines, but their is no reason to assume they wouldn't have access to space mines as well. Nor is mining hyperspace routes out of the question.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume your referring to G0-T0 buying Durge? If an offer was made perhaps, but G0-T0 has to discover Durge's existence first...

Quite, though I think that would be simple enough when Durge trashes through some droids on the battlefield or something or another akin to such things. Plus given his history, GO-TO could look that up too.

I'm thinking that Durge wouldn't think much of droids as opponents unlike fighting against Sith.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'm thinking that Durge wouldn't think much of droids as opponents unlike fighting against Sith.
Well according to Wookieepedia Durge enjoyed killing "to the point where he considered a period of time well spent only if it had been used for this purpose."

So serving Malgus will literally be a huge waste of time.:p

Well according to Wookieepedia Durge enjoyed killing "to the point where he considered a period of time well spent only if it had been used for this purpose."

So serving Malgus will literally be a huge waste of time.:p

Let's be honest here, if Durge defects, that's the killing blow.

Why not? He handled Jedi effortlessly, he has the tools and body to take on Sith too.
The he met Kenobi, who cut him up. Except in this battle Malgus won't be at all overwhelmed by Durge's physical or ranged attacks as Kenobi was thanks to his natural endurance and armoring. Malgus will just tank everything while hack hack hacking and tossing some lightning here and their until Durge is nothing but a smoking pool of sludge. Then he'll jettison the remains out of airlock. At best Durge will make a mess of the bridge .

EDIT: Also add to that the fact that G0-T0 will unlikely risk losing such a valuable inside agent who could give him intel on Malgus' movements as well as the makeup of his forces, tactics etc.

EDIT: In reality we should be considering how Durge will fare against Ventress. I expect Malgus will dispatch them to Kamino with a portion of his forces while he spearheads an attack on Geonosis.

Edited by Beniboybling

Actually, there's a point. The Sith Empire figured out a method to kill Gen-Dai, so if Malgus knows Durge is Gen'Dai...

When? Sure they had a battle, but specifics were never mentioned. Also Beni...hacking Durge is all good and well, but he is able to keep up with Jedi, see them in slow motion and pretty much blitz them, he also beat Obi-Wan up on several occasions anyway. He isn't just gonna stand there and let Malgus hack away at him.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

We learn this in Nar Shaddaa Imperial Side's planetary quest series. The Imp leader tells the player how they killed (insert large number here) of Gen'Dai.

Ok...but specifics? What did they use? I can't really remember anything from what I have played. XD

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I think it was Rocket launchers or Grenades... Or in malgus' case, a Force Repulse like Kenobi.

He would have to be engulfed by Durge first, even then has he shown to be able to use Force Repulse? Plus Durge has withstood big explosions before, I don't see rockets or grenades doing much. Though really I could just see it coming down as a regular fight, with Durge winning due to his biology and weaponry. If he can take on multiple Jedi, then he can take on Sith too.

Of course that is if Durge defects....unless the other side has a good credit flow to keep him on.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

When? Sure they had a battle, but specifics were never mentioned. Also Beni...hacking Durge is all good and well, but he is able to keep up with Jedi, see them in slow motion and pretty much blitz them, he also beat Obi-Wan up on several occasions anyway. He isn't just gonna stand there and let Malgus hack away at him.
There is really not much he can do, look at that fight with Kenobi, he just kept hack hack hacking. Malgus is more than fast enough to keep up with Durge, the only difference is he lacks the proper weaponry and skill to deflect Malgus' attacks. On the other hand Malgus can take pretty much anything Durge throws at him. This is without taking into account Force abilities, not only can Malgus endure immeasurable amounts of injury, but he can blow Durge back with powerful Force blasts, fry him with lightning and simply shield himself from all incoming fire with Force barriers, then crush his weapons.

Durge will also be surrounded, and likely soon have Ventress to contend with also.

And in the unlikely scenario that Malgus, one of the most powerful Sith Warrior's in the entire Sith Empire, is defeated, he can simply retreat and have his ship self-destruct, but I doubt it will come to that. This is Malgus.

Edited by Beniboybling