Change the Music

Kestral-Skaur

In every cantina I've been in, the same lame pseudo-jazz music is playing and is available on the jukeboxes. STOP IT!!! It seems you developers base your entire aesthetic sense of SWTOR music on a very short scene in ep. IV. There should be far better music available if you expect us to spend 100 creds for a jukebox token. I can only imagine in a galaxy-spanning empire or republic there is a far greater variety of musical styles available than watered down elevator music. PLEASE PUT BETTER MUSIC IN YOUR GAME.

If I heard rap, country, or pop in a cantina I'd go on a killing spree...and leave the music playing amungst the gory mess as a warning for every other fool.

Now a serious look. When music has to appeal to all races, all sexes, all demographics...routinely it is jazz that is the most agreeable to everyone. Expand races to mean species and it would hold even more true.

This experiment has been done with cats, dogs, various lizards, birds....etc; gets a large round room, put stereos in it to play the various styles of music (for this experiment rock and heavy metal are two seperate genre given the huge difference in sound) release the animals int he middle of the room and wait. The longer this mudical barrage lasts (you don't playe the music so loud it drowns over any other) and routinely animals of all types end up congregating closer to the jazz.

That cantina scene in the movies may have picked jazz randomly, but I find it interesting that jazz is also the music that is chosen by most animals and people as the least offensive and most universally liked. When you are in a world that has hundreds of species out there, you play music that has the highest chance to be liked by the most people. That's just good business.

This coming from someone that only listens to rock music if an option exists.

The music matches SW lore. I couldn't imagine it any other way. What music would you rather have, Lil Wayne?

You have a very valid point. But personally, I'm getting a bit...tired of John Williams.

I'm hoping the new Star Wars films that JJ Abrams does feature somebody like Daft Punk or the Chemical Brothers.

:D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.