Bug on Mandalore the Preserver's Helmet

XantosCledwin

I was told to duplicate this topic here since the topic was in fact likely a bug since the Lore of the Object in question had it working the way I am wanting it to work and not the way it is actually working in SWTOR. So here goes:

I have been wearing the Mandalore the Preserver's Helmet on my Powertech for a day or two now. And something has been really bugging me about this piece of armor. The armor does not have the muffled voice effect that some of the more traditional armor sets in the game utilize. Unfortunately the Mandalore the Preserver's Helmet is one of those pieces of armor that I would have assumed would kind of require a muffled voice effect given that it is a closed helmet of the sort that you see on a space suit or similar outfit complete with a re-breather (though in the case of the one in this game the re-breather is part of the body armor instead of part of the helmet for obvious reasons). So I really think it should have the muffled voice effect even though it doesn't.

Add to the fact that there are apparently other examples of armor out there that don't have such an effect, and I am beginning to wonder if the game developers were really thinking about the aesthetics of these pieces of armor when they coded them, or whether they simply wanted to get the items appearances done so that they could say that the items were in the game.

seems like it should. Probably just an oversight that needs to be fixed

Worse than that.

Virutally EVERY Helmet that was adaptive that was released since Shipment 2 of the pack series. (thats not even in the packs also vendors too) is missing it.

Mandalore the Preserver's Helm

Volatile Shock Troop Tac Helm

Sith Triumvirate Helmet

Restored Sith Triumvirate Helmet

Opulent Sith Triumvirate Helmet

Eradicator's Mask

Dreadseed Helmet

Darth Malak's Mouthpiece

Worse than that.

Virutally EVERY Helmet that was adaptive that was released since Shipment 2 of the pack series. (thats not even in the packs also vendors too) is missing it.

Mandalore the Preserver's Helm

Volatile Shock Troop Tac Helm

Sith Triumvirate Helmet

Restored Sith Triumvirate Helmet

Opulent Sith Triumvirate Helmet

Eradicator's Mask

Dreadseed Helmet

Darth Malak's Mouthpiece

While I may not always agree with Magnus. His list is correct. The bolded armors do need voice modulation. Except for the underlined bit. IS that a double type? I though there was only two Sith Triumvirate armors in the game? And Malak's... that is more open for debate, I think.

Edited by LtGeneralGezlin

No. there is 3 versions

Opulent's item name code is Sith_triumvirate_v03 bla bla bla .itx.

If you look at Torhead you will see the Sith Triumvirate, and the Restored Sith Triumvirate armor. and of course. the newest one.

Malak's mouthpiece deserves one. Why? put a big of metal over your mouth and try to speak. you can't.

Edited by Magnusheart

Malak's mouthpiece deserves one. Why? put a big of metal over your mouth and try to speak. you can't.

Also in KotOR, you can compare the cutscene between jedi Malak and all the appearances of Darth Malak and note that his voice did indeed change. That could be attributed to voice modulation.

No. there is 3 versions

Opulent's item name code is Sith_triumvirate_v03 bla bla bla .itx.

If you look at Torhead you will see the Sith Triumvirate, and the Restored Sith Triumvirate armor. and of course. the newest one.

With all due respect, Just because it's on TORhead, doesn't mean it's in the game yet. I've only seen the silver one, and the gold one in the Rep vendor. As for Malak. He does have the vocabulator where his.. entire mouth should be. So, maybe that is why the jaw casing has no modulation. Who knows, I'm not BW. I'm sure their designers have a better idea WHY it is, what it is.

With all due respect, Just because it's on TORhead, doesn't mean it's in the game yet. I've only seen the silver one, and the gold one in the Rep vendor. As for Malak. He does have the vocabulator where his.. entire mouth should be. So, maybe that is why the jaw casing has no modulation. Who knows, I'm not BW. I'm sure their designers have a better idea WHY it is, what it is.

Why it is? If you haven't noticed. they have stopped adding voice modulation on any helmet that is labled adaptive even when one should be present since shipment 2 started. with the 1 exception of the series 505 helmet because you have no head at all.

and yes trust TORHEAD. there are now 3 versions of the Sith Triumvirate armor. this is the Opulent's item code. mixing that. with the 2 sets in torhead. I say that makes 3.

ipp.mtx.season2.kotor.sith_trooper_v03.chest

ipp.mtx.season2.kotor.sith_trooper_v03.feet

ipp.mtx.season2.kotor.sith_trooper_v03.hands

ipp.mtx.season2.kotor.sith_trooper_v03.head

ipp.mtx.season2.kotor.sith_trooper_v03.legs

ipp.mtx.season2.kotor.sith_trooper_v03.waist

But I feel this isn't the point. the missing Voice Modulation is.

Edited by Magnusheart

Why it is? If you haven't noticed. they have stopped adding voice modulation on any helmet that is labled adaptive even when one should be present since shipment 2 started. with the 1 exception of the series 505 helmet because you have no head at all.

and yes trust TORHEAD. there are now 3 versions of the Sith Triumvirate armor. this is the Opulent's item code. mixing that. with the 2 sets in torhead. I say that makes 3.

ipp.mtx.season2.kotor.sith_trooper_v03.chest

ipp.mtx.season2.kotor.sith_trooper_v03.feet

ipp.mtx.season2.kotor.sith_trooper_v03.hands

ipp.mtx.season2.kotor.sith_trooper_v03.head

ipp.mtx.season2.kotor.sith_trooper_v03.legs

ipp.mtx.season2.kotor.sith_trooper_v03.waist

But I feel this isn't the point. the missing Voice Modulation is.

You are right, of course.

I have noticed, for the most part. But, the list you made, and I bolded were ones I agree with, especially Mandalore's helmet.

Eh, TORhead is good, I'll agree there, but lately it has been broken as hell, so trusting it is a bit much for me at this point.

Hmm... That new armor sounds like it might the "Sith Commando Armor" from K2. Or the red sith armor. One of those two.