Cartel packs/items Bind to Legacy!

damagedhalo

When you get items from cartel packs, you should make them Bind to Legacy instead of just BOUND for the first 36 hours. There has been so many items I get from a pack that I want to use on my other characters...and just hate waiting. While I don't mind the bind I think many people would be happier with bind to legacy. :p

I'd support more mind to legacy in most forms. It would also be nice if permantly bound to legacy versions of the cartel pack armors would be available too (perhaps through collections).

I must be missing something. That's exactly what you can unlock via the collections system. Or was that sarcasm?

Edited by branmakmuffin

I must be missing something. That's exactly what you can unlock via the collections system. Or was that sarcasm?

My idea in regards to collections system is that instead of having armor reclaimed from collections BoP, make it BoL so there is a way to get BoL in those looks, without impeding sales of the armor over GTN. The main reason I'm intrested in expanding BoL is for end game armor sets to share between 2 characters.

I am all for the whole Bind to Legacy on Cartel Items instead of having a collections tab. The problem I have with the collections tab is that it encourages people to buy an item or set of items from the GTN ONCE across all of their characters, pay a minor cartel coin cost, and then never have to bother with buying something like that particular item/set again. This will ultimately cause the crash of the in game economy in the long run, once everyone has managed to collect every single item in the collections tab or most of them at any rate, rendering new copies of those items useless to everyone but very new players at best, and entirely obsolete at worst.

Point is, we really want to be encouraging people to buy items on the GTN, not discouraging such practices. Otherwise their isn't much point to the in game economy. I know that Bioware and most gaming companies with Cash Shops would rather you be spending real world dollars on their game instead of buying stuff off of the GTN or in game auction house, but in reality without purchasing stuff on the GTN, people are going to be unable to get alot of the stuff that they really need when they need it and the Cartel Packs aren't really a solution to that problem in any real quantifiable manner. In Game Economy is really player driven, not company driven in most cases. It is up to the players to decide what they will be selling items for. Though Star Wars the Old Republic kind of hinders that process by having deposits on the items, and a mandatory cut from any sales you make that goes to the Auction House instead of the player so you are losing money in two ways, if your auction is taken down prior to its listing time you lose the deposit, and if it does sell, then you lose a bit of profit.

Either way we really need the in game economy in order to function and the Collections Tab is not helping matters in any way whatsoever. Not that I am totally against the collections tab. I mean it is great to be able to unlock the gear across all my characters. I just think it would be better to have said gear be a bound to legacy item instead of what it currently is. Then again for some of the items (the ones that normally cost a couple million per piece) the Collections Tab is the perfect solution...