The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Add a third tier pack (exotic) with higher drop rate but fewer items

DOHboy

Start out, i REALLY enjoyed this new pack, and its contents first time in a while there were things I felt I actually wanted, and did not contain useless "junk" items (Thul, rist, etc). There are always places that will cater to those who are willing to spend their money.

So we have a cheap pack that offers single rare and chance at super rare (120 CC), we have a standard pack that has a 2x rare and higher chance as super rare (320 CC). How about a pack or packs for those willing do drop some serious $$$ and increase the chances of super rares and rare only drops.

Exotic Hypercrates contain N number of rare items (say 30 since 24 packs would contain 48 rare items) and 1 super rare for instance. This would sell for roughly 1.5x the current rate.

Additionally an exotic pack would contain 3 rares and higher chance of super rare, but would contain none of the other items. This would see for roughly 480 or 500 coins (roughly 1.5x the current rate). I would also make these bound, and not sell able on the GTN.

A person could purchase a regular hyper crate for regular chance, or could buy higher end items with fewer overall items, but still give similar value. The bread and butter of the game is the subscription, where money is made is on the subs who drop $100+ a month on the market (or more). Let those who spend their money have other options, while those who don't spend much (i.e free coins) and only buy 1 or 2 packs have their choice as well.

Edited by DOHboy