The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

There is one Cartel Market, there should only be one Cartel Market reputation faction

AntarNyaus

Inspired by the discussion of the new Freelancer's Bounty Pack. I had some issues with it and the current implementation of the CM Packs.

The main one is that I find it rather frustrating that they created a new reputation faction for CM bundles other than the Cartel?

I am happy with the items of the pack, I am exceedingly annoyed with the execution of the pack.

With all the previous packs of the first two waves, I had bought enough to have Newcomer reputation (a third of the way to Friend) and two certificates.

In my excitement, even though I am a subscriber, I bought CCs and then bought a hypercrate. One hypercrate got me just slightly past the previous rep, halfway from Newcomer to Friend and ten more certificates.

Now I see that I can't really use these certificates because most of the things that you can barter for, with only Newcomer reputation from any CM-related vendor, are trash.

Based on my experience with the CM, were it up to me, I would disolve the Bounty Supply Company and apply its reputation to the Contraband Resale Corporation.

Additionally, every pack would contain one rep item and one certificate in addition to your 4 or 6 items in the description. Anything bound to you or your legacy should not count against your total. These should be rewards for the people supporting you through the CM packs and not handed out so miserly.

(And while we're talking about the packs, change the quality of Titles to be only green and blue. I am lucky, I have never gotten a "rare" Title. I would be most displeased if I ever did. Titles really should not count against your rare items either.)

I hit legend rep on contraband band last night just to close it out.

After last night I hit the weekly cap on rep for the new stuff and am well past champion and will probably hit legend once the unlock happens next week.

I have over 40 certificates. So just because you haven't hit max rep doesn't mean there are not others who haven't. It is a means for those who buy a lot of packs looking for specific items to buy those items another way after failing.

i have tokens sitting in cargo hold to hit legend with Bounty Supply Company when the weekly cap resets.

i reached legend with Contraband Resale Corporation long ago. its only remotely difficult to do if you never buy cartel coins.

how many cartel packs did it take? or hypercrates. pls tell me

What's the general drop rate for cartel certificates ?

I opened a hypercrate and out of 24 packs I got 4 certificates. Is that low / normal / high ?

roughly about a 20% rate or so. Another hypercrate and you might end up with 10 by the end. So I would say it woudl be low to normal.

If you are wiling to spend money they are not overly difficult to collect. I've gotten roughly 45 since inception of the Market, and maxed out BOTH faction reps.