The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

why are these in the shield tech tree?

hallucigenocide

steely resolve, rail loaders & hyper fuel.. why not move these over to the pyro and ap tree and swap em out for integrated cardio package, infrared sensors & puncture maybe?

it would help out the dps specs alot.. atleast pyro.. there's way too many yummy things in the other 2 trees for me to ever go anything other than hybrid as it is now..

not sure how the tanks spec but i dont think it would hurt them too much

Integrated Cardio Package - Meh Talent, only provides a small amount of health to tanks really.

Puncture - Anywhere from 1 to 3 points are taken by tanks in this talent.

Infrared Sensors - From a PVE standpoint, only 1/3 of this talent choice is even worth anything to a tank, the increase in defense chance, and that is already in the talent tree near the upper end of it, which we gain MORE defense chance for fewer points.

Steely Resolve - Increase in Aim. Primary stat for DPS and TPS generation.

Rail Loaders - Increase damage on Rail Shot. Rail Shot is a large part of the tanking rotation, due to it proccing Ion Gas Cylinder.

Hyper Fuel - Increase to fire damage. Flame Thrower, Flame Burst, and Flame Sweep are all large (to one extent or another) parts of tanking threat generation.

These three talents are placed in the tanking tree, beyond the listed reasons I gave, to give variety and also make players choose talents from other trees and not their primary tree.

Integrated Cardio Package - Meh Talent, only provides a small amount of health to tanks really.

Puncture - Anywhere from 1 to 3 points are taken by tanks in this talent.

Infrared Sensors - From a PVE standpoint, only 1/3 of this talent choice is even worth anything to a tank, the increase in defense chance, and that is already in the talent tree near the upper end of it, which we gain MORE defense chance for fewer points.

Steely Resolve - Increase in Aim. Primary stat for DPS and TPS generation.

Rail Loaders - Increase damage on Rail Shot. Rail Shot is a large part of the tanking rotation, due to it proccing Ion Gas Cylinder.

Hyper Fuel - Increase to fire damage. Flame Thrower, Flame Burst, and Flame Sweep are all large (to one extent or another) parts of tanking threat generation.

These three talents are placed in the tanking tree, beyond the listed reasons I gave, to give variety and also make players choose talents from other trees and not their primary tree.

variety is good i guess.. but from a pyro point of view these are really desirable skills especially since the pyro tree is filled with so much garbage that has nothing to do with damage.. and as for defensive skills they are pretty "meh" as you say..

you could still get all of these in the other specs if they where moved anyway.. maybe infrared sensors was a bad choice.. perhaps gyroscopic alignment jets would be more attractive for all.