Marader Hard Hitting Alicrity

CaliKing

I have a lvl 55 Marader but mostly play pvp with my powertech. Earlier today I saw a couple of Marader's who were hitting so fast that it seemed their light sabers were just a blur. And they were hitting so hard and killing people so fast. Now I know that how hard they hit has to do with the gear but how did they have their alicrity up so high as to be hitting that fast? Is there a specific build/mods that allow for this? I am just gearing my Marader for Partisan gear and don't have much experience with it but if I can get mine to hit that fast and hard I may have to switch up! Someone please explain this to me like I was 3 so I can understand it.

They were probably carnage speced with Berserk up. 30% alacrity for the next 6 hits.

Someone told me that before and I tried Carnage but didn't see my sabers going nearly as fast. Is there anything else than account for this? ie internet speeds on my end making it seem faster than they really were or mods/gear that they may have used?

Someone told me that before and I tried Carnage but didn't see my sabers going nearly as fast. Is there anything else than account for this? ie internet speeds on my end making it seem faster than they really were or mods/gear that they may have used?

Between the speed boosts and other moves it's possible. It could have been lag but that's unlikely. Remember that they have use two attack abilities off the global cooldown. If you were hit with multiple abilities at once it could explain the speed at which the animations went.