How is this Blood Red?

Reno_Tarshil

Hi everyone,

We've been monitoring these threads since Game Update 2.3.1 went live but refrained from posting until we had information to provide about the topic!

In an upcoming patch, the Blood Red color crystal will be renamed to something that more accurately describes the appearance. Additionally, we see your feedback about the desire for a crystal that is "redder" and will be taking that into account.

:ph_cheers:

Thank you. I sincerely love my Hasaq Sun crystal and would be significantly disappointed if the current look were changed. A true 'Blood Red' crystal, in my opinion, would be a darker version of the current 'Red'. Perhaps a tiny bit of maroon, though very slight.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three questions :

- Do people have their monitor colour management calibrated ?

- Did you all know that there appears to be a difference between the way women perceive colours and men perceive colours ?

- Did someone here recently bleed and compare that colour with the "blood red" crystal's colour ?

Hi everyone,

We've been monitoring these threads since Game Update 2.3.1 went live but refrained from posting until we had information to provide about the topic!

In an upcoming patch, the Blood Red color crystal will be renamed to something that more accurately describes the appearance. Additionally, we see your feedback about the desire for a crystal that is "redder" and will be taking that into account.

So wait, you advertised a crystal as red....now your changing the crystal to a different name...and NOT refunding people whom may or may not have bought the packs for the crystals specifically? Hm. Seems legit.

Gosh, this sure reminds me of the time you all did a switcheroo with the Collections system as well. Only that time you didn't actually tell anyone you were changing stuff, and allowed misinformation to linger on on game news sites. :rolleyes:

It's a bizness looking to make a profit. After the classic armor fiasco way back when, they don't wanna risk changing the look of something. So it's easier to re-name an error and release a proper item for later, while still making a profit.

It could be worse they could have not said or done anything at all.

Or MAYBE they couldn't have gone with false advertisement in the first place and then tried to cover it up? Anyone know if a business running an MMO is answerable to say a higher authority like possibly the BBB? This is like the second time they've done false advertisement and gotten caught with their hand in the cookie jar so to speak.

This wasn't anything sinister like them deliberately advertising it as "Blood Red" to get more money. This was just a really poorly implemented item most likely because of a lack of quality control. There were more complex items going into these packs which probably got the majority of the focus. This was just another crystal. I'm sure if someone there actually looked at them with title "Blood Red" beside the image they would have said something.

I think we can cut them some slack here BUT I would hope they would add true Blood Red crystals that are obtainable via an in-game method as a token of appreciation and an acknowledgement of the mistake. Maybe give it to Artificers to craft.

Edited by Benfynyn

OK it wasn't just me. I thought that maybe the hot orange and blood red names got reversed somehow as the hot orange actually has a red glow to it where as the so called "blood red" is more of a white orange.

To be fair the in-game preview and cartel preview page are completely different from how it looks equipped on a lightsaber in-game in front of you.

This times 1,0000. I don't know why but the preview window isn't all that accurate when it comes to saber crystals and lighting effects on some items. Lightsaber color crystals and the pistols with the laser pointers on them are a great example of that.

Edited by Spamfritter

Hi everyone,

As I posted a couple times here, I think this color is closer to a very popular color Vermilion, I think all would be happy with that color name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermilion

Edited by DakotaDoc

To be fair the in-game preview and cartel preview page are completely different from how it looks equipped on a lightsaber in-game in front of you.

Only if you run on [ugly] graphics settings. If you run it on the highest settings, the crystal looks exactly like it does in the Cartel Market thumbnail. Lightsabers in the preview window are not accurate, but the crystal does look lke it does in the Cartel Market Collections window.

Only if you run on [ugly] graphics settings. If you run it on the highest settings, the crystal looks exactly like it does in the Cartel Market thumbnail. Lightsabers in the preview window are not accurate, but the crystal does look lke it does in the Cartel Market Collections window.

You have me confused. The cartel preview page I was referring to was the screenshot on their fb page.

This wasn't anything sinister like them deliberately advertising it as "Blood Red" to get more money. This was just a really poorly implemented item most likely because of a lack of quality control. There were more complex items going into these packs which probably got the majority of the focus. This was just another crystal. I'm sure if someone there actually looked at them with title "Blood Red" beside the image they would have said something.

I think we can cut them some slack here BUT I would hope they would add true Blood Red crystals that are obtainable via an in-game method as a token of appreciation and an acknowledgement of the mistake. Maybe give it to Artificers to craft.

Bioware will nickel and dime it. Same way they did with the Emote: Sitting. #NoFaith

Hi everyone,

Would also love to see, in the same vein as the Silver-Blue crystal, a Silver-Red crystal.

• 1 year later...
Hi everyone,

So it's been over a year. When is this rename coming? Much less the "redder" crystal.

Edited by Telanis

So it's been over a year. When is this rename coming? Much less the "redder" crystal.

This is a back and forth of sorts between Reno and Bioware.

We're all being punished because of him. :mad:

Hint, hint: If Bioware wants to call "Green" to something which is actually "Blue", just go for it.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.