Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

character transfer between accounts

Urzig

My wife and I recently added a second account so we can both play together on SWTOR. Both of us have level 55 characters with operations-quality 55 gear, fully augmented. Both accounts are paid for by one card and both are under email addresses under my name. Other MMOs have a service allowing transfer of characters between accounts held by the same person. I was kinda hoping SWTOR could work on offering that, as well. That way, I don't absolutely have to re-level both my healer and tank. I love the stories, but I also love my gear, as my wife enjoys her gear and ability to run operations.

As long as they can unequivocally keep people from selling characters to other accounts, then I would say go for it. But even if there is a minute chance of it occurring, I say thee nay. Better to screw over everyone, than allow one person to be able to break the TOS/EULA around account-character sales.

As long as they can unequivocally keep people from selling characters to other accounts, then I would say go for it. But even if there is a minute chance of it occurring, I say thee nay. Better to screw over everyone, than allow one person to be able to break the TOS/EULA around account-character sales.

This. I think the potential for abuse far outweighs the utility. In specific cases, such as the OP's above, I can see having the capability to do it on a one-off basis requiring the direct intervention of customer support, but allowing players to move characters between accounts without having Bioware oversee the process to verify that it's not being abused opens too many holes.

This. I think the potential for abuse far outweighs the utility. In specific cases, such as the OP's above, I can see having the capability to do it on a one-off basis requiring the direct intervention of customer support, but allowing players to move characters between accounts without having Bioware oversee the process to verify that it's not being abused opens too many holes.

Not much to add here..

It isn't even something they should consider.. I would cringe at what lengths they would have to go through to verify both accounts belong to the same people or your wife.. It just isn't worth it, and for them to even allow it would be opening the doors to selling your characters..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.