Anyone completed the Bounty Event?

Ayelinna

So more content is somehow bad? We should play the game slower because the devs can't get it out fast enough. That's the kinda things that causes people to leave MMOs.

I posted a suggestion thread on improving recurring events. People feel free to list whether you agree or disagree. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6677180#post6677180

No, I'm not saying that more content is bad. At all. What I'm getting at is that people should have realistic expectations of how quickly new content can be created. There will always be a certain group of people who can consume the content much faster than they can create it. Those people should not complain about lack of content. The content is coming. It just takes time.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm not saying that more content is bad. At all. What I'm getting at is that people should have realistic expectations of how quickly new content can be created. There will always be a certain group of people who can consume the content much faster than they can create it. Those people should not complain about lack of content. The content is coming. It just takes time.

No I completely understand that. That's why whenever I suggest changes to the recurring events one of the suggestions is to recurr less frequently. Why?

A. It would allow more time for devs to add new things each run.

B. It would make the carrot to complete things in the window more meaningful as it won't be back for a while.

C. Wanting makes the heart grow fonder. I am so sick of the Gree event with it's return ever couple weeks or whatever. However, if it only came around once ever 6 - 12 months, then even if there was nothing new I'd want to visit it because it would be like an old friend I hadn't seen for a while returning to town rather than that friend who shows up at your house constantly, even being invited and eats all your stuff.

Also if they are going to keep adding recurring events at the recurrence and rate of new events they are adding it won't be long till every week there's an event, then it ceases to be events and becomes dailies.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

No I completely understand that. That's why whenever I suggest changes to the recurring events one of the suggestions is to recurr less frequently. Why?

A. It would allow more time for devs to add new things each run.

B. It would make the carrot to complete things in the window more meaningful as it won't be back for a while.

C. Wanting makes the heart grow fonder. I am so sick of the Gree event with it's return ever couple weeks or whatever. However, if it only came around once ever 6 - 12 months, then even if there was nothing new I'd want to visit it because it would be like an old friend I hadn't seen for a while returning to town rather than that friend who shows up at your house constantly, even being invited and eats all your stuff.

If it came every 6 or 12 months, it would take the average player several years to complete. No thanks. Please think of others when you make your suggestions.

Also if they are going to keep adding recurring events at the recurrence and rate of new events they are adding it won't be long till every week there's an event, then it ceases to be events and becomes dailies.

Honestly, what's so bad about that? It's something to do.

If it came every 6 or 12 months, it would take the average player several years to complete. No thanks. Please think of others when you make your suggestions.

Maybe you should speed up since apparently me slowing down is an except-able compromise :rolleyes: The people that tend to care about completing things aren't the people that take their time. I doubt many of them would care about the competitionist aspect and would just be there to do it.

Honestly, what's so bad about that? It's something to do.

ROFL it's something to do. Aren't you the one who says you can't get things done as is, why do you need more things to do? The people that generally need more to do are the people that consume content very quickly, which is my side of the argument not yours.

I don't want this to devolve into a flame war so I'll agree to disagree with you and leave it at that.

Maybe you should speed up since apparently me slowing down is an except-able compromise :rolleyes: The people that tend to care about completing things aren't the people that take their time. I doubt many of them would care about the competitionist aspect and would just be there to do it.

You don't have to slow down. Just don't complain when you blow through the content in the first day. Devs can't keep that pace, dude. :t_rolleyes:

I care about completing it, but I happen to have a life away from the computer. Let me give you this to think about: People like me will do what they can for an event as long as it shows up. It will take forever. We will stay subbed to the game as long as it exists because we don't have time or energy to put into starting over in another game. Whereas people who devour content will get bored and leave earlier. Think about what that means.

Let me give you this to think about: People like me will do what they can for an event as long as it shows up. It will take forever. We will stay subbed to the game as long as it exists because we don't have time or energy to put into starting over in another game. Whereas people who devour content will get bored and leave earlier. Think about what that means.

I honestly do not understand your logic at all.

"Whereas people who devour content will get bored and leave earlier. Think about what that means." I am, that's the whole reason I'm complaining. If they keep putting in events that get finished so quickly but are repeated frequently people will get bored and leave.

" People like me will do what they can for an event as long as it shows up. It will take forever. We will stay subbed to the game as long as it exists because we don't have time or energy to put into starting over in another game." So what you're saying is that if they take my advise and either put more into the events or spread them out further then you will sub longer because it will take you "2 or 3 years" to complete the event. Either you suddenly switched your opinion or your logic is broken.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

I honestly do not understand your logic at all.

"Whereas people who devour content will get bored and leave earlier. Think about what that means." I am, that's the whole reason I'm complaining. If they keep putting in events that get finished so quickly but are repeated frequently people will get bored and leave.

" People like me will do what they can for an event as long as it shows up. It will take forever. We will stay subbed to the game as long as it exists because we don't have time or energy to put into starting over in another game." So what you're saying is that if they take my advise and either put more into the events or spread them out further then you will sub longer because it will take you "2 or 3 years" to complete the event. Either you suddenly switched your opinion or your logic is broken.

I may have left part of my though out of my typing. Oops. If this event happened once or twice per year, I would not touch it. There would be no point because it would take forever to complete. If everything was made that way, I would stop playing the game. The way things are, there's always something to look forward to on a regular basis and they keep my interest.

Don't get me wrong. Again, I'm not saying that I don't want them to make new content. I always want more options for what to do. But they sure as heck shouldn't spread this out any further. Why would you want them to make the content available less frequently when you are already complaining about not having enough to do? I don't get your logic! Why do you want the game to be worse for casuals?

Rushed an imp to 15 yesterday because I bought I need another day for the imp side ones. Turns out I had another day, but I did make a sweet merc and started PvP. Also got 3 toons up to 450 crafting while doing event. And yeah, just about to finish.

I have 61k worth of reputation exp banked, so I guess I completed it.

The event is great, but needs fixes here and there.

The good: fast, good exp, decent credits, contested planets don't have all their bounties in a contested area (thank God), fun little letters from the kingpins.

The bad: difficulty and group finding...

Are you lvl 55 and got 156+ gear? Great! You'll be able to solo Kingpins or find a group with other lvl 55s, if not well you're out of luck.

I have 8 characters, 4 on each faction, 5 of those (the none 55s) completed their kingpin bounties solely because lvl 55s where there and willing to help (Hell had a 55 of the opposite faction kill one for me once, keep in mind I'm on a PvP server).

The kingpins are too powerful and it's next to impossible to find a group at your lvl to take them out, with at lvl gear on my characters and their healer companion, heroic moment, unity and legacy abilities the best I could do was get the kingpin to around 30%. It's also good to point out that over time there will be *less* people doing this as they get all achievements and reputation, meaning you wont even be able to count on the kindness of high lvl strangers.

Also the fact I can't check my whole list of achievements means I have no idea which bounty I haven't captured to get that last achievement...

Also the fact I can't check my whole list of achievements means I have no idea which bounty I haven't captured to get that last achievement...

What's stopping you from checking? All of them are listed in the achievements area and you can see which have been checked or not.

Devrius were you playing at really off times? I had no problems finding groups for kingpins. In fact I had more trouble with waiting on people to finish or people ninja inviting me to their group, or lying about kill/capture intentions to get into groups than I did forming a group.

Devrius were you playing at really off times? I had no problems finding groups for kingpins. In fact I had more trouble with waiting on people to finish or people ninja inviting me to their group, or lying about kill/capture intentions to get into groups than I did forming a group.

I was playing between 5 and 10 pm during the week and 1 to 4 pm the weekend, my 4 lvls 33 pubs never found a single group, same with my lvl 39 imp.

I posted lfms with: "lfg *insert kingpin* more or less lvl 30", never got a hit, it always ended up with a lvl 55 passing by helping me.

I don't know what you mean by this, but yes their are achievements for getting the bounty, getting the capture, and getting the kill for all 8 henchmen and all 8 kingpins.

I have the "Marked for death in seven systems" title, the thing is I can't find which Bounty I have yet to capture to get "Wanted: dead or alive".

I check my legacy using "Y" but under events I only see the last 5 achievements.

I have the "Marked for death in seven systems" title, the thing is I can't find which Bounty I have yet to capture to get "Wanted: dead or alive".

I check my legacy using "Y" but under events I only see the last 5 achievements.

Then you need to click on Bounty Contract Week (a sub menu of Events) and you'll see them all listed. If this isn't showing, click the + sign.

Edited by Cernow

I have 61k worth of reputation exp banked, so I guess I completed it.

The event is great, but needs fixes here and there.

The good: fast, good exp, decent credits, contested planets don't have all their bounties in a contested area (thank God), fun little letters from the kingpins.

The bad: difficulty and group finding...

Are you lvl 55 and got 156+ gear? Great! You'll be able to solo Kingpins or find a group with other lvl 55s, if not well you're out of luck.

I have 8 characters, 4 on each faction, 5 of those (the none 55s) completed their kingpin bounties solely because lvl 55s where there and willing to help (Hell had a 55 of the opposite faction kill one for me once, keep in mind I'm on a PvP server).

The kingpins are too powerful and it's next to impossible to find a group at your lvl to take them out, with at lvl gear on my characters and their healer companion, heroic moment, unity and legacy abilities the best I could do was get the kingpin to around 30%. It's also good to point out that over time there will be *less* people doing this as they get all achievements and reputation, meaning you wont even be able to count on the kindness of high lvl strangers.

Got my Wanted: Dead or Alive title yesterday and I've banked tons or rep as well.

Personally, I think the Kingpin difficulty is just about right. They are challenging even for well geared toons. In fact, if your companion isn't adequately geared you will be toast. For me, a challenging fight where there is a doubt you may succeed adds to the overall experience.

And yes, this means grouping as a means to overcome deficiencies. I had no issues doing so. In many cases, all I had to do is LFG in chat and had an instant group. In other cases, as I arrived at the boss there were players already there whom were helping each other. Players would jump in and help each other out even after they already had their kill or cap.

So from my perspective, grouping isn't an issue at all. Groups are there even though actual invites are not used . Yet the difficulty is not beyond the pale and solo is an option. It is a win, win in my book.

My criticism with this event is the lack of story and the lack of various event activities.