The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Playable Race: Arkanian(basically have them anyways)

Arkanian Race, from what I have seen are basically space elves, Pointy Eared, white hair, white eyes. Human looking. or more pale with markings.

This would be awesome. I'm already roleplaying my jedi shadow as one :D she has the white hair, pale skin. Only thing that is missing is the blue markings and pointy ears. Can't believe they aren't in swtor yet... I have read about them in the comics and expanded universe. There is even a lot of jedi Arkanian during and after the clone wars. BW make it so!

/signed

I'd love to see this as well!

However I do believe the blue markings you have mentioned have nothing to do with the arkanian race as a whole, but only with Jarael.

KoToR Comic Spoilers

The markings are actually something to do with a a slaving organisation called "The Crucible" which Jarael was once part of before managing to escape

Also, the actual Arkanian species, not the subspecies, had normal human skin tones, and normal human ears. The only thing different from normal humans I believe was there pupiless eyes and only 4 digits on each hand.

The subspecies however, which there was many of are the ones that have more distinctive traits.

One subspecies (the one Arca Jeth is) is the one with the pointed ears, but otherwise the same as the pure arkanians.

Whilst the subspecies Jarael was part of were effectively only humans with pure white skin.

Edit: Just realised Jarael actually seems to be a combination of the two subspecies I listed as she has the pointy ears but is then effectively the same as the second subspecies.

Edited by Wulox

I'd love to see this as well!

However I do believe the blue markings you have mentioned have nothing to do with the arkanian race as a whole, but only with Jarael.

KoToR Comic Spoilers

The markings are actually something to do with a a slaving organisation called "The Crucible" which Jarael was once part of before managing to escape

Also, the actual Arkanian species, not the subspecies, had normal human skin tones, and normal human ears. The only thing different from normal humans I believe was there pupiless eyes and only 4 digits on each hand.

The subspecies however, which there was many of are the ones that have more distinctive traits.

One subspecies (the one Arca Jeth is) is the one with the pointed ears, but otherwise the same as the pure arkanians.

Whilst the subspecies Jarael was part of were effectively only humans with pure white skin.

Edit: Just realised Jarael actually seems to be a combination of the two subspecies I listed as she has the pointy ears but is then effectively the same as the second subspecies.

:rolleyes:Yep I know that the blue markings are special for Jarael, still like to have them. Lot of cultures including jedi and sith have markings why shouldn't we have the chance to get them as well? (if we get Arkanian at all).

Em, Arca Jeth and Jarael are both Arkanian Offshoots. Arca has pale white skin just like Jarael although some of the media show him with normal skin tones instead of pale ones. They get their ears from the Sephi another alien race they mixed with human dna. And Jarael a genetic copy of Arca, though her connection to the force is weak. But the fact they even managed to make a genetic copy of a jedi is wow.. a lot of copies of jedi tend to go crazy and mad and pretty much die :cool:

Anyways back to topic I don't see why we would want to limit the race with only one skin tone or having no markings. I kinda think bioware could do this the same way they have made Nadia Grell. Then again they seem to have a lot in common with Arca and Jarael apart from the ears. Wonder if bioware was influenced by the offshoot when making the Sarkhai.:rak_02:

I think a pureblooded Arkanian would be awesome, but seeing as how all other species we have have five digits, it's not likely.

We can effectively create Arkanian offshoots now. Not the Sephi-hybrid one, but the mainstream one. We have white hairstyle and you can make your Human's skin chalk-white.

I think a pureblooded Arkanian would be awesome, but seeing as how all other species we have have five digits, it's not likely.

We can effectively create Arkanian offshoots now. Not the Sephi-hybrid one, but the mainstream one. We have white hairstyle and you can make your Human's skin chalk-white.

The new robot hand gives 3 digits.

:rolleyes:Yep I know that the blue markings are special for Jarael, still like to have them. Lot of cultures including jedi and sith have markings why shouldn't we have the chance to get them as well? (if we get Arkanian at all).

Em, Arca Jeth and Jarael are both Arkanian Offshoots. Arca has pale white skin just like Jarael although some of the media show him with normal skin tones instead of pale ones. They get their ears from the Sephi another alien race they mixed with human dna. And Jarael a genetic copy of Arca, though her connection to the force is weak. But the fact they even managed to make a genetic copy of a jedi is wow.. a lot of copies of jedi tend to go crazy and mad and pretty much die :cool:

Anyways back to topic I don't see why we would want to limit the race with only one skin tone or having no markings. I kinda think bioware could do this the same way they have made Nadia Grell. Then again they seem to have a lot in common with Arca and Jarael apart from the ears. Wonder if bioware was influenced by the offshoot when making the Sarkhai.:rak_02:

Ah yes, I remember now!

Wasnt she a mix of Arca's DNA and her "parents" DNA who were the pale 5 digited arkananian offshoots?

It's been a while since I read the comics.

Some how I suspect that the next Cartel Market species will be a bit more iconic. Something which is obviously a Star Wars species. While I do hope we get a lot more species my support is always for something alien looking however unlikely that is.

Some how I suspect that the next Cartel Market species will be a bit more iconic. Something which is obviously a Star Wars species. While I do hope we get a lot more species my support is always for something alien looking however unlikely that is.

Arkanian is as Star Wars as the Cathar. In fact, both first appeared in the canon in the exact same comic book series. Arca Jeth was introduced in the first TOTJ (in an arc named Knights of the Old Republic), and the Cathar were introduced in Dark Lords of the Sith, the second TOTJ arc -- Crado and his lifemate Sylvar. So if the Cathar are iconic enough, I believe the Arkanians should be just as iconic.

And besides. They can look both evil and good. So they fit both the Jedi and the Sith.

voiting for Arkanians.

Jarael (and other half-blood arkanians) from SW: kotor comics is really nice-looking.

But, as I recall, pure-blood Arkanians have 4 fingers and white eyes.

Edited by Eres

Arkanian is as Star Wars as the Cathar. In fact, both first appeared in the canon in the exact same comic book series. Arca Jeth was introduced in the first TOTJ (in an arc named Knights of the Old Republic), and the Cathar were introduced in Dark Lords of the Sith, the second TOTJ arc -- Crado and his lifemate Sylvar. So if the Cathar are iconic enough, I believe the Arkanians should be just as iconic.

And besides. They can look both evil and good. So they fit both the Jedi and the Sith.

Aw man you beat me too it! I was planning on telling him off :p I was trapped in college and I was reading the forums on my phone hehe :D

They are an iconic species to the expanded universe and Kotor so that merits them a return in the game. I'm open to suggestions on anything else people want, but I doubt we will be seeing any wookies or alien species that don't have some human traits sadly.

Edited by DarkEcIipse

A week before Cathar and 2.1 went live, someone suggested this along with Zeltron. I think the white eyes in game were a nice temporary compromise.

Only problem with Zeltrons is they be bad for joining the Sith Empire, something to do with their emotions? Still seeing them in the game would be great, I would be partying on the fleet all night :p all we need for them is purple-pink tones, cause we already have the blue hair. I just hope when they make a new cartel species they add more unique long hair