The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why are some CM Sets Modded?

JaceMatai

Let me start by saying I am trying to give constructive criticism, but it may not come off that way because this topic infuriates me. I'm talking of course, of the premise that some Cartel Market sets/chestpieces are above level one and have mods in them.

Isn't the Cartel Market AKA Microtransactions supposed to be for cosmetic purposes? If so, why are we getting gear from said market with mods in them, thus making them un-collectable? How does that make sense if in almost all MMOs I know of, use microtransactios for cosmetic reasons?

Another reason the CM was added was to help players achieve the look they want at a lower level. So why are some sets Purple and level 31, 43, ect? Why can't I wear a Dire Eliminator's Chestguard at level one, if it is a CM item and used cosmetically?

To sum up, all gear sets from the CM and/or reputation vendors should be level one, Orange Quality, and have no mods. Thank you for your time reading this, and I hope Biioware can look at this and possibly change how it works in the near future.

Edited by JaceMatai

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the only Modded armors were the ones released at the launch of the Market or immediately afterwards, as they were still working out the model. Since then all of the armors released have been empty shells with only level 1 or level 10 requirements.

Basically, Dire Eliminator armor and the other ones like it are a holdover from an early "mistake" that they've since moved away from.

Yeah, you must be newer to the game; these sets are from the near start of the Cartel Market. It's unfortunate they can't remove the mods and add them to Collections. Too many good sets in their, feels like a waste. Edited by pubstarrandi

Yeah, you must be newer to the game; these sets are from the near start of the Cartel Market. It's unfortunate they can't remove the mods and add them to Collections. Too many good sets in their, feels like a waste.

I agree, i wish they could perhaps add it to collections but instead of getting a level 31 modded armor, you just get the shells that have been scaled down to level 1. I want to start a second inquisitor and want the investigators armor set, but I like to take my time with levelling and to look the same all the way to endgame, but due to the limit of bieng level 31 i cant :(

Yeah, you must be newer to the game; these sets are from the near start of the Cartel Market. It's unfortunate they can't remove the mods and add them to Collections. Too many good sets in their, feels like a waste.

Meh I've been playing since launch and I know those are from the beginning of the CM, my question is why they are modded.

I am rather disappointed at this too. I spent a lot of money on the complete Noble Commander's set. I wanted it as a cosmetic for a number of my Sith and Jedi minions. So I didn't just buy the pieces I wanted, even the gods awful hat thing, I spent a lot of money getting the whole set to add it to my collections. Only to discover that this was meaningless since I would now have to re-buy all the pieces that I want anyway for each character.

I really think they should do as they did with the "Classic" sets when they noticed them being in error on the live servers. Let everyone keep a copy of the (renamed) "Classic" set and then replace them with level 1 un-modded adaptive armors.