So I'm leveling armormech...

Seerees

and I find myself wondering why. I'm a trooper and while it's been nice to keep my armor up to date, I'm not really seeing any long term advantage. I've never been big on crafting as a source of income, gathering has always worked better for me in that reguard.

Would I be better off with a second gathering skill and just buy gear as I go?

Or maybe switch to cybertech where the items can be used by all my alts rather than just my trooper/smuggler alts?

Are there armormech exclusives at max lvl (bind on aquire gear)?

I'd rather not go futher into armormech (already at ~200) if it's not something I'm going to use at 50.

I agree with you,i have armormech at 250 atm and while i have been crafting lots of armor for my bh that i used while leveling up,i dont see any value of being armormech at lvl 50

i really doubt that you will be able to create better armor then the one you can get from some bosses or whatever,and not to mention that only bounty and smuggler can use that armor.

but then again is there a crafting skill that is gonna be really wanted at lvl 50?

underworld trading items might be wanted,but armormech,dont think so...

I agree with you,i have armormech at 250 atm and while i have been crafting lots of armor for my bh that i used while leveling up,i dont see any value of being armormech at lvl 50

i really doubt that you will be able to create better armor then the one you can get from some bosses or whatever,and not to mention that only bounty and smuggler can use that armor.

but then again is there a crafting skill that is gonna be really wanted at lvl 50?

R u guys forgetting that you can really any pattern to epic?

Also crafted items canhave a 4th mod slot called. An augment

But once I've made my epic augmented armor peice, then what?

Like I said I don't craft to make money, I only craft for myself.

Wouldn't I be better off buying that epic with aug slot off the GTN and having a crafting skill that'll benefit all my alts (i.e. cybertech) or another gathering skill?

But once I've made my epic augmented armor peice, then what?

Like I said I don't craft to make money, I only craft for myself.

Wouldn't I be better off buying that epic with aug slot off the GTN and having a crafting skill that'll benefit all my alts (i.e. cybertech) or another gathering skill?

Well if you only craft for yourself then I can. See your point. However epic and orange items with Aug slots are probably going to be very expensive.

Well if you only craft for yourself then I can. See your point. However epic and orange items with Aug slots are probably going to be very expensive.

Nobody has seen any so far, there are ppl who have crafted over 100 orange recipes with zero crit result ... at this point it seems the gear you are talking about does not really exists. Not to mention orange gear is on par with raid drops without augment slot.