The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Upcoming development ideas. Mandalorians Campaign Again!

Ziggor

Hey star wars fans!

I dont know much about what everyone likes to read about in forums, furthermore, this is my very first post. but I want it to be a meaningful one. I think that the mandalorians should be their own Allegiance! Now I know that the bounty hunters are technically mandalorians but that isnt enough for me. I want to be a soldier in a mandalorian clan who has a wide variety of combat choices. I want to have mandalore as the leader of all of the mandalorians as we battle both empire and jedi to test our might!

No. Just.... No.

But I have a reason.

Three faction warzones are just not a good idea, and that would be required if the Mandalorians became a faction of their own. It would be too complicated to fight two enemies at once, and let's face it, it's better for people to focus on just one enemy. Not to mention (for example) Empire and Mandos could team up and absolutely destroy the Republic, which would ruin the experience of a fair warzone for the Republic players (or whoever is the faction getting teamed up on). However, that likely wouldn't happen. Another reason against the addition of a Mandalorian faction would be having to create a new planet for the Mandos to start on and a fleet for them or something like that. Not to mention there wouldn't be a lot of diversity in classes and Mandos would turn into a World of Warcraft class system (i.e. a ranged DPS with a rifle (hunter), a melee tank/bruiser with a sword (warrior), a pyrotech or something (fire mage/elemental shaman) and a dual-wielding swords class of some DPS nature (rogue). And let's face it, it just wouldn't be worth it.

So no. Another faction is the last thing this game needs right now considering the flaws of other game systems (although props to Bioware for keeping us happy in some way while the other systems that are not so great are ignored and such)

While I agree with the last poster, it has many issues on the game play side making it unlikely/impossible.

Lorewise and as a fan, I'd love it. At the very least it'd be cool to have the Mandalorians become the new big baddie on the block in an expansion, possibly have them help the regrouping Empire return and drive the republic back again. Maybe visit Mandalore, work with/against a new Mandalorian crusade, heck the BH could get some actual use as a general or (well paid) champion of the Mandalorians. I love the concept, and we might see them later as a faction similar to the Hutt Cartel but certainly not playable (unless they made a way for BH to transition which I don't see likely at all).

Also, I'd like to see what the Hapans where up to at this point but that sealed borders thing might pose a lore issue.

everyone but the OP and anyone new may skip the following.

Welcome to the Star Wars General Discussion forum, I will play host here and bid you a hearty welcome. To introduce myself, I'm Starsquirrel resident Mandalorian Fanatic and unofficial greeter. 'Star' 'Squirl' or 'Squirrel' and any variations thereof are all acceptable.

List of threads to intro you to our SWGD family.

Example of the first Kaggath Tournament

Some good reading material (READ THIS)

Rayla's current WotDT spin-off

Aurbere's Battlezone (much like the old Kaggath.)

The legendary WotDT thread

Oh, and Beni is also heading up the forum's own The REAL Most Powerful Project

Now, I know you said this was your first post and mentioned you're not sure what people on forums read, well here we discuss both In-universe and Out-universe topics regarding the entire SW franchise.

As a side note: Use the story/lore section for most game/game era-specific lore issues and General for most suggestions regarding swtor as a game.

If Lore is your game and you love to learn and debate about your favorite characters then this is the place for you. I encourage you to peruse our vast archive of Kaggath threads namely this one to see how a Kaggath plays out. Or see Aurbere's Battlezone linked above for a more personal duel. If you just like arguing about who's the greatest then Beni's most powerful threads linked above are for you. And should you merely wish to ask or share something Star Wars related in or out of universe feel free to post a thread.

I do respectfully ask, should you join us, please adhere the two sacred rules. No name calling/Flaming/Trolling and dealing in the established cannon (though we do form opinions based on cannon so feel free to do that.)

Now, all that said... I understand some info overload is in order. Take your time and get back to us with any questions, comments, or concerns and feel free to PM me any questions. I'll do my very best to get back to you promptly.

Sincerely, Star, Aurbere, Beni, Rayla, Tune, Sel, Warren, Canino, Talon, Marcelo, and Wolf (really sorry if I missed anyone)

:ph_welcome:

Edited by StarSquirrel