Charged Barrel Stacks up to 5 times??

Smoochi

I trying to figure out what the heck the stacks 5 times means on the Charged Barrel talent down the gunnery tree means. what it does more damage if i got 5 Grav rounds on it? if so i havent noticed any damage diffrence at all to be honest. even before i put a point in it i havent seen any damage increase at all. it still hits for same damage as before.

Anyone got any input on this one?

Using Grav Round gives 1 debuff to the enemy and 2 buffs to yourself, all stack to 5. (this is when talented correctly as a gunnery Commando)

It puts Grav Vortex on the enemy, which stacks to 5 and reduces there armor by a % for each stack.

It also gives you a Charged Barrier buff, which stacks to 5 and reduces dmg taken by a % for each stack.

It also gives you a Charged Barrel buff, which stacks to 5 and gives your high impact bolt a dmg increase by a % for each stack.

Edited by GrimMage

Is charged barrel's effect based on the grav round itself or the amount of gravity vortexes?

I'm also debating rather to pour some points in the PvP tree. I hardly use full auto so I'm not sure if I even want to bother with the upper tier stuff that improves it. Fo people who are high enough level, any noticable difference?

If I remember right, it is based on the number of vortexes stacked on the target. 5 stacks of vortex gives you all those benefits as long as you have the talents. Remember though, that the damage bonus for charged barrel only applies to High Impact shot.

A fully spec'd out Full Auto without interruption on the channel time is by far one of your most useful abilities. It has very good ammo management and does a good bit of damage. The caveat though is uninterrupted.

Is charged barrel's effect based on the grav round itself or the amount of gravity vortexes?

I'm also debating rather to pour some points in the PvP tree. I hardly use full auto so I'm not sure if I even want to bother with the upper tier stuff that improves it. Fo people who are high enough level, any noticable difference?

Charged barrel is based off how many times you use Grav Round

As I see it, the idea is broken.

since Gravity Surge gives an extra Vortex on the target you only have to spam thrice to stack your target with 5 debuffs. But for the full effect of charged barrel you still gotta spam 5 times.

THis is something Bioware needs to tweak in my opinion. Oh and now were at it: increase the duration of Vortex. 15 seconds is pathetic. I hate the spam fest.

been trying it out and honestly it feels like a waste of points. as stated above if you have the point in gravity surge wich im sure most poeple have thats gunnery it feels weird when you hafto keep spamming it. also the damage increase is just so low that i barly noticed it. i would go for something else. unless they fix it to work with gravity surge and give it a slight boost in damage. i dunno i might just be qqing to much but atm waste of points

As I see it, the idea is broken.

since Gravity Surge gives an extra Vortex on the target you only have to spam thrice to stack your target with 5 debuffs. But for the full effect of charged barrel you still gotta spam 5 times.

THis is something Bioware needs to tweak in my opinion. Oh and now were at it: increase the duration of Vortex. 15 seconds is pathetic. I hate the spam fest.

I was thinking that myself. With my playstyle Charged Barrier is practically useless and so is Charged Barrel. The Gunnery tree doesn't just give you abilities. It dictates to you exactly how you're going to play. I might just go half and half with the Assault Training tree.