If Bioware doesn't want to flop

Fatumx

They need to stop adding dumb stuff like a little event here or there or a few new cartel market items... yes It makes them a few $$ now, down the road everyone will be bored and that work is forgotten about. Simple... fix the bugs that are dragging this game down. I'v compiled a few of the most common issues my guildies report having, and I have had all of these myself as well.

Companions randomly charging in and attacking enemies, extreemly annoying when your trying to sneak bye something

NPCs not loading up, especially on fleet or in common areas like daily quest areas or even opp bosses.

Lag/invisible walls / black screen when loading into zones.

Insanely long load screens, beyond aggravating For example.. your doing a HM opp, got the boss nearly dead but your group wiped, now you have to sit on loading screens for 2-3 or more minutes to get back in and try again....

Yes, can we play like this sure... do we want to? Hell no, I'm certainly not renewing my sub until the game improves, and I know quite a few people who say the same once their billing cycle is up. I like this game, it looks cool and can be fun, but these bugs/glitches and problems are destroying the playing experience for a lot of people. If Bioware were to fix it, you'd keep a lot more subs and the ones that do come in for FTP will be more likely to stay I'd think.

Insanely long load screen... it's bad enough we have to go through 2-3 load screens way too often, but when each one is a minute long.

Edit: Accidentally deleted one of my lists.. fixed to make more sense :eek:

Edited by Fatumx

Companions randomly charging in and attacking enemies, extreemly annoying when your trying to sneak bye something

-Have better control of your companion. Your companion is not "randomly" charging in, you got aggro and the enemy used a skill (such as increasing their own accuracy) which triggers yoru companion to protect you. The reality is you aren't as good at sneaking as you think you are.

NPCs not loading up, especially on fleet or in common areas like daily quest areas or even opp bosses.

-This is a cache issue with your computer, the better your computer, the faster everything loads and they will not appear invisible. Essentially, use a program to safely overclock your machine to prevent heatign issues, work on the coding of your computer's buffer, or just alla round upgrade your machine. The NPC's that don't load are never enemies so the problem is rather mute though.

Lag/invisible walls / black screen when loading into zones.

-This is an online game and as such lag is inevitable....it would be like expecting to not run into people trolling for women to cyber with randomly in a chat room..., invisible walls are used to keep you out of places you don't belong as well. Black screens are for conversation transition and usually are all of 1-3 seconds...if they are logner I point you to the previous suggestion (upgrade your machine/internet connection).

Insanely long load screens, beyond aggravating For example.. your doing a HM opp, got the boss nearly dead but your group wiped, now you have to sit on loading screens for 2-3 or more minutes to get back in and try again....

-1-2 minute is "insanely long"? You obviously haven't done Hoth...ever...as your first run through requires manual speeder trips of 3-5 minutes between speeder points before you have the taxi points unlocked. Which is better, a death penalty, or a load screen? If I had it my way dying would result in negative experience, even in OPs, including de-leveling. Compared to my harsh prefrence, a 1-2 minute load screen is a pittance of a death penalty. Use that minute to get something to drink, sit back and relax.

If I had it my way dying would result in negative experience, even in OPs, including de-leveling.

Then I am very glad you are not going to be in charge of this game any time soon. Negative experience, I like, but I prefer it as a "increased time to level" experience debt. You start undoing the time I've spent in this game, you'd have to PAY me to play this game.

Then I am very glad you are not going to be in charge of this game any time soon. Negative experience, I like, but I prefer it as a "increased time to level" experience debt. You start undoing the time I've spent in this game, you'd have to PAY me to play this game.

I also like experience debt+lowered combat stats as oposed to de-leveling. Thus th emore you die the weaker you become till you rest for a period of tiime or complete a kill of something worthwhile (such as a gold/champion).

Something more than a little repair bill...which just feels like a slap on the wrist. I prefer death being a decent sign of "you just aren't prepared yet, go back and re-evaluate your strategy rather than rush right back in again".

Have better control of your companion. Your companion is not "randomly" charging in, you got aggro and the enemy used a skill (such as increasing their own accuracy) which triggers yoru companion to protect you. The reality is you aren't as good at sneaking as you think you are.

So it's completely normal for a companion on passive to charge in? Hmmm..... I guess we play different games.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.