The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bane vs Exar-kun

UncleOst

Bane ROLFstomps like a boss.

Wait what? Back to reality? OK.

Exar Kun wins. Better Force user, better lightsaber duelist. Just better.

Hmm. I was actually looking forward to a good read. It's unfortunate to see that you're too busy with other threads? I was expecting more from you, but I'll have to rely on other members from the color brigade.

Hmm. I was actually looking forward to a good read. It's unfortunate to see that you're too busy with other threads? I was expecting more from you, but I'll have to rely on other members from the color brigade.
Sorry but the rest of the color brigade will be of no help, they all hate Bane - its part of the initiation process.

Sorry but the rest of the color brigade will be of no help, they all hate Bane - its part of the initiation process.

Man I tell ya, it pleases me greatly to bruise you so easily.

Where's my bud Aurbere? I've enjoyed his posts much more than yours.

Edited by UncleOst

Man I tell ya, it pleases me greatly to bruise you so easily.

Where's my bud Aubere? I've enjoyed his posts much more than yours.

Well if you take so much pleasure in trolling, then perhaps the General Discussion forum will be more suited to you. I here you'll find no greater hive of scum and villainy, I'm sure you'll fit right in.

But I'm afraid in these forums we prefer more civilized company.

Well if you take so much pleasure in trolling, then perhaps the General Discussion forum will be more suited to you. I here you'll find no greater hive of scum and villainy, I'm sure you'll fit right in.

But I'm afraid in these forums we prefer more civilized company.

Hmm. I honestly wanted to see what you guys could come up with.

You have proven that YOU are not interested. Carry on...

Exar Kun. Fairly easily, I might add.

Exar Kun had mastered Niman to its highest degree, removing the Forms preference for moderation, and instead making it into one of the most efficient killing forms. He is currently the only full master of Niman. His fighting style was very random. At times he would focus on speed and precision, other times he would he powerful strikes. In addition to being Niman's greatest master, he also possessed a weapon that was incredibly unpredictable. His make-shift double-bladed lightsaber was capable of having its blade length adjusted to any number of lengths.

Bane has knowledge of the double-blade, yes? Not this blade. Exar Kun's lightsaber retained the look of a single-bladed lightsaber. He wielded this weapon one-handed, and often implemented power strikes with it. Bane has experience with the traditional double-bladed lightsaber, a weapon that more often than not uses quick and precise taps. Exar Kun's weapon is far different, and the unpredictability of his weapon makes him even more dangerous in close combat.

But lightsaber skill is irrelavent. All Exar Kun needs to do is use Force Blasts. Remember how Bane vs. Zannah ended? Now you have pitted Bane against a far more powerful and more knowledgeable Sith Lord. Bane has no real defense against Sith Sorcery.

Exar Kun wins by being a better duelist, a more powerful Force user, and a master of Sith Sorcery.

Exar Kun. Fairly easily, I might add.

Exar Kun had mastered Niman to its highest degree, removing the Forms preference for moderation, and instead making it into one of the most efficient killing forms. He is currently the only full master of Niman. His fighting style was very random. At times he would focus on speed and precision, other times he would he powerful strikes. In addition to being Niman's greatest master, he also possessed a weapon that was incredibly unpredictable. His make-shift double-bladed lightsaber was capable of having its blade length adjusted to any number of lengths.

Bane has knowledge of the double-blade, yes? Not this blade. Exar Kun's lightsaber retained the look of a single-bladed lightsaber. He wielded this weapon one-handed, and often implemented power strikes with it. Bane has experience with the traditional double-bladed lightsaber, a weapon that more often than not uses quick and precise taps. Exar Kun's weapon is far different, and the unpredictability of his weapon makes him even more dangerous in close combat.

But lightsaber skill is irrelavent. All Exar Kun needs to do is use Force Blasts. Remember how Bane vs. Zannah ended? Now you have pitted Bane against a far more powerful and more knowledgeable Sith Lord. Bane has no real defense against Sith Sorcery.

Exar Kun wins by being a better duelist, a more powerful Force user, and a master of Sith Sorcery.

You mean dual-phase lightsaber. And yes IMO Exar Kun would roflstomp Bane. Kun was doing things Bane hadn't even thought of yet with the force and a lightsaber.

Bane was strong, Kun, whole different league. Had Kun been incharge of the brotherhood, things would of gone differently and bane would of been Kun's right hand man.

Alright Aurbere,

Kun had an "I win button". I don't know much about the depth of Kun's force blast...but you are right about Bane's inability to deal with applied sorcery. He was able to withstand moderate amounts, but was not focused enough to handle the unexpected tendril of force energy from Zannah. Could Kun's blast be matched with Bane's Sith Lightning? or fuel Bane's dark force bubble? I'd prefer not to dwell on force battles yet. I'll also refer to Bane, as he was towards the end without the orbalisks.

Another mention on Bane's behalf, would be his innate(yet mild) ability to sense the future in regard to incoming threat. By no means am I suggesting that he could see the future, however there were instances where the force would illuminate an incoming attack before it actually occurred. This foresight would synchronize with Bane's incredible speed and fuel his remarkable intuition. I mention this as a pathway for Bane to remain competitive with Kun's wild sabre style.

An example of what I'm referring to, was his battle with Kas'im. Kas'im was the presumed "best duelist" in the galaxy at that time. Not only could Bane hold his own, he applied pressure, by transcending the traditional forms and surprising his former master with his own creativity. The example from that fight I point at now, was when Bane was faced against a new and completely unpredictable Dual Sabre form. Of course I'm referring to Kas'im separating his double blade, and using the two individual sabres.

Bane was not the aggressor at that point, and It took every ounce of his abilities to merely survive long enough for an exit to surface. The point I want to make, is that Bane was engulfed with a dual sabre form, so completely new to him, and unpredictable, he should have been shreaded to pieces quickly. Bane was able to survive this carnage and eventually de-throned the greatest opponent in the galaxy. Would Kun meet the same fate?

In conclusion, Kun was undefeated in his time. Bane was defeated often while learning as a dark apprentice. Both had a remarkable connection to the force. It would be obvious to concede the fact that Kun was more refined in every sence of the word. He had previous Jedi training, and much more experience with the force. Bane however Personified, Epitomized the essence of the darkside, He was not some spoiled brat who had talent. I think in order for Bane to win, lady luck would definitely need to favor him. But having said that, it would not be wash up for Bane. It would be a phenomenal fight to watch.

Yes. I used red...