The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sick and tired of Trolls ruining the community atmosphere?? Time for a C.R.O.A.K !!

monkeydud

I really want to try and alter the perception that new players may get of this game sometimes. I'm really fed up of seeing new players getting shot down for asking questions.

How soon some of us forget that once upon a time we didn't have all the answers...

If you would like to join in on my initiative please visit http://john-rhys32.wix.com/starwarsfan#!croak/c182u

thanks for your time

I just got on CS about some dude flaming a Foreign person for asking a question and as well his English/grammar, wasn't well and a little hard to understand but yet this person felt the need to flame him for it, and it made me see red. So I reported this person that had to put down this other guy to make himself feel better. ITS SICK, and it NEEDS TO STOP!!

You're doing a great thing here.......

Isn't it more that they ask inane questions that are usually covered in the tutorials?

To be fair, on the RP server I'm on there's very little griefing (that I've noticed), don't suppose you're on the PvE/PVP servers by chance?

Isn't it more that they ask inane questions that are usually covered in the tutorials?

I have no problem with people asking "stupid" questions, as long as they're asking in a nice way. I'm sick and tired of kids (I suppose, mainly) asking some questions in the general chat without being friendly and full of spelling/typing mistakes. If you want some answers show that you care!

I really think we should be VERY carful before dissing someone on language skills. It's usually pretty obvious when someone's native language is not English. They make very different mistakes than someone just being sloppy. Lord knows most people know at least some English, and their English is usually much better than whatever other language we pretend to speak. Let's give these folks a break and try to get at what their real issues are.

I really think we should be VERY carful before dissing someone on language skills. It's usually pretty obvious when someone's native language is not English. They make very different mistakes than someone just being sloppy. Lord knows most people know at least some English, and their English is usually much better than whatever other language we pretend to speak. Let's give these folks a break and try to get at what their real issues are.

Mistakes due to foreign language problems indeed are rather easily recognizable. But in the same way it is easy to recognize people who are just too lazy or stick with a "I don't give a damn"-attitude. And of course there are people with real dyslexia problems. Even though I think that's another excuse for laziness for some people. It's a sad thing when real dyslexics are taken for the lazy kind of chat users.

I'm not a grammar or spelling n*zi, as long as someone takes the time to use simple words like "hi", "please" and "thanks" and doesn't require me to buy a dictionary of contemporary urban/adolescent/internet speech to decipher what he/she wants... I'd even explain him/her how to brush teeth or boil water :p

btw.: English is a foreign language for me too