what graphics settings should I be able to play on?

Tzaz

I just bought a new computer and I plan on replacing the GFX card in it, but ATM it has a Nvidea GT 630. What level should I be able to play on comfortably.

In case you were wondering I plan on getting a GTX760

Edited by Tzaz

I just bought a new computer and I plan on replacing the GFX card in it, but ATM it has a Nvidea GT 630. What level should I be able to play on comfortably.

In case you were wondering I plan on getting a GTX760

You can probably play on high settings right now if you have enough ram. Id recommend 6+ GB ram total.

Im playing on a 4 year old laptop 2.4ghz core2duo 6GB ram NVidia GeForce 9600M GT 512mb vram slow laptop HDD.

Im playing on high with reduced AA and no shadows.

You can play on high now probably, that new card will max everything.

Edited by Smuglebunny

Im playing on a 4 year old laptop 2.4ghz core2duo 6GB ram NVidia GeForce 9600M GT 512mb vram slow laptop HDD.

Im playing on high with reduced AA and no shadows.

Proof first please.

I'm playing on a laptop with i7 and GT620M and can barely have 25 fps in a warzone with everything on low with 1366x768. And yes, there's nothing wrong with my laptop.

How much fps do you have with high on your laptop? Barely 10?

Edited by Sammennn

Ive never checked. Ive never had a problem. Im always surprised when people with much better PCs complain about performance.

I mostly PVP too. The lag I occasionaly get seems to be network related.

I am A+, Network+ and security+ certified. I'll check my fps for ya gimme a while...

Edited by Smuglebunny

Ive never checked. Ive never had a problem. Im always surprised when people with much better PCs complain about performance.

I mostly PVP too. The lag I occasionaly get seems to be network related.

I am A+, Network+ and security+ certified. I'll check my fps for ya gimme a while...

Thank you. It would be very very very confusing if you had the same or better fps with better settings (I've tried going with better settings and fps decreased) with an inferior computer.

Ok, on the fleet, cuz I couldn't get a WZ that fast, I was getting 19-45fps flashing from green to red as I speeder around the fleet.

My settings start on high, with the grass and trees reduced to 50%

AA on low, shadows off, and character detail low. Visible character limit high.

I can turn on AA all the way and increase my character detail with only slight reduction in fps but I like it the way I have it.

Ok, on the fleet, cuz I couldn't get a WZ that fast, I was getting 19-45fps flashing from green to red as I speeder around the fleet.

My settings start on high, with the grass and trees reduced to 50%

AA on low, shadows off, and character detail low. Visible character limit high.

I can turn on AA all the way and increase my character detail with only slight reduction in fps but I like it the way I have it.

I'm more interested in your;

Texture Quality

Shader Complexity

(Character detail u already mentioned)

Texture anistropy

Character texture atlasing

Not having these on high and say that you've high settings is wrong :p

lemme check that...

Let me actually turn everything to high and see what happens too...

when I run swtor I can ONLY run swtor too, I turn off un-needed processes etc.

I have my gfx card overriding certain settings manually so my info might not be as usefull...but I'll give you what I got..

Edited by Smuglebunny

Ok my current settings are:

"custom"

Fullscreen

V-sync = off

resolution 1280x768

Refresh rate = 60

gamma = 100

Bloom = on

conversation depth of field = on

Texture = high

shader = high

Anti aliasing = low

character level of detail = low

anistrophy(or whatever) = high

shadows = low

character texture atlasing = low

Grass and trees = 50%

visible character limit = high

I am getting 19-45fps flying around the fleet.

On the "HIGH" preset I get 12-33fps flying around fleet.

With ALL SETTINGS AT MAX I'm getting 9-24fps.

There ya go. That's whats going on over here in 4 year old laptop land.

Bear in mind that I am a computer technician and my pc might be better maintained and optimized than some others.

Razor had a program called Razor Game Booster it essentially puts your PC in a clean boot state when running games killing all the unneeded crap your PC fires up at start up. This is good for those people who aren't comfortable using msconfig to shut all the crap down you don't need at start up.

It also runs a diag on your PC and tells you when to update your drivers and launches you to the driver download page. Very handy.

http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster

One thing is you can't have it launch swtor due to the double exe startup it uses so you have to turn on game boosting then fire up swtor.

zotec gtx 770 amp edition

i5 4670

16 gb ram

750 psu

1920x1080 monitor

cant get more then 35 fps in warzones on any setting, even with razer game booster, swtor unleashed etc etc

definitely something wrong with this game.

Proof first please.

I'm playing on a laptop with i7 and GT620M and can barely have 25 fps in a warzone with everything on low with 1366x768. And yes, there's nothing wrong with my laptop.

How much fps do you have with high on your laptop? Barely 10?

honestly though, cutting out shadows reduces the lag by a huge margin whereas everything else will have a fairly minimal impact.

i would even go so far as to say that shadows affect my FPS more than all other options combined, but that is just anecdotal; it certainly seems that way though.

i have an i7 laptop, 1366x768 with and AMD HD 6570M

sometimes i change my settings for warzones, but usually i forgot (or can't be bothered) and rarely have FPS issues.

i don't pvp that often, but i raid on the above settings as well.

i lag on fleet by a fair bit depending on the amount of people, and i lag in the new daily area, but for the most part, the only time i notice fps issues is when i have shadows turned on.

Edited by oaceen

Crossfire HD 7950, Intel i7 3770k @ 3.9ghz, 16 gigs of ram... and Im getting 110 fps...I cant recall it ever going lower than 100 actually... even in warzones

EDIT: Should have mentioned nothing is overclocked..all stock speeds. Everything maxed out as well.

Edited by PuddleJumperr

i have a good system. i play mainly operations and pvp and in those areas the game performs the same for me no matter what settings i run. resolution of 2560x1440 ... everything maxed, 8 x anti aliasing, 8 x anistrophic filtering etc. same performance as everything on low and no AA and filtering. 25-70 frames. average of 40 probably. its just all over the place depeding on how many AOE effects are on the screen .. and actually what time it is because when theres less people on the server i swaer i get like double the frames (yes in closed instances like pvp warzones).

trust me i would turn everything off if it would mean that i get a good framerate that isnt all over the place, for pvp especially, but this game just doesnt work like that :/. so i might as well run everything on high, makes no difference whatsoever performance wise with my system.

Edited by FrankyFin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.