Is it time to retire Classic Coms and bring the other raids in line with the top end?

ZionHalcyon

I understand the argument that SV and TFB are getting old but we're getting 2 more 55 ops in 2.4 by all accounts.

So I don't think there's a need/chance in classics being redone. They'll stay as they are, whetting the appetites of F2Ps. :p

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly the case. How will my idea get rid of a "learner's tier"?

Really, back when the game came out, EV and KP were tough sledding, even for a "learner's tier" until people were able to gear up. With what I am suggesting, people would be in close to full purple 66s by the time they attempt anything harder than EV and KP Story Mode.

Really, it feels like you pulled that out of thin air as some sort of strawman counter argument. Whereas had you actually thoroughly read my idea, you'd understand that I am not just talking about the end game, but also the ease of getting there. My idea makes gearing up easier and makes operations more accessible, not less as you infer.

You are placing all operations in one bracket. How does this not end the "learners" bracket.

Regardless, you still ignored the two major points.

Yes FTP players would be required to purchase a pass currently. This seems it would be more appealing to someone who already leveled to 50 without a subscription.

You can currently do EV & KP in lvl 50 blues, so you suggesting they need 66s before they attempt the operations is pretty hilarious.

I understand the argument that SV and TFB are getting old but we're getting 2 more 55 ops in 2.4 by all accounts.

So I don't think there's a need/chance in classics being redone. They'll stay as they are, whetting the appetites of F2Ps. :p

Not to derail, but I didn't know new ops were otw. I'm most happy. This will fill out our current teir pretty well I hope.

You are placing all operations in one bracket. How does this not end the "learners" bracket.

Regardless, you still ignored the two major points.

Yes FTP players would be required to purchase a pass currently. This seems it would be more appealing to someone who already leveled to 50 without a subscription.

You can currently do EV & KP in lvl 50 blues, so you suggesting they need 66s before they attempt the operations is pretty hilarious.

How am I placing all Operations into the same tier?

That is where your reading comrehension fails, good sir.

How am I placing all Operations into the same tier?

That is where your reading comrehension fails, good sir.

Ok so I didn't notice you were supposing the HMs to be the threshold. Regardless, you are equivocating. This "solution" you propose wouldn't make progression smoother or more fun. Maybe more confusing, but neither of the later.

The problem is your naivete in thinking that they aren't already balancing making new content while consistantly balancing the game. And they've done a reshuffling before, so it isn't unprescedented.

Balancing the game and redoing old content are not the same thing, please don't call me naive when you refuse to grasp this.

World of Warcraft did the very idea you are suggesting and it flopped hard. It is one of many reasons why that game has lost 5-6million players.

Not until update 3.0, unless Bioware wants to bring back that little quest that gives people access to level 50 gear again. I forget what it was called, but it gave everyone recruit gear. So, if they brought that back and gave everyone Black Hole gear, or something, then we could probably do away with Classic Commendations. Otherwise, please don't.

Not until update 3.0, unless Bioware wants to bring back that little quest that gives people access to level 50 gear again. I forget what it was called, but it gave everyone recruit gear. So, if they brought that back and gave everyone Black Hole gear, or something, then we could probably do away with Classic Commendations. Otherwise, please don't.

That would be the idea - black hole/campaign gear would become craftable schematics for armormech and synthweaver