The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

By who/where was the force discovered?

Paddyspub

I was poking around and read something about a convention on Typhon where the force was kind of discovered but where did the foce really origionate. Was it used before the advent of space travel in that galaxy? Maybe on some planet at our current level of development? I really didnt find a concrete answer as to where it first poped up.

Considering the force more or less exists as empirical fact of life in the Star Wars Universe, I'd say since the dawn of intelligent species. Of course, when the term "force" came to be and actual documentation on it's effects, is a whole other question. But as I was saying, it seems to be that being sentient to some extent is a requirement for force sensitivity. Edited by Bynnar

I was poking around and read something about a convention on Typhon where the force was kind of discovered but where did the foce really origionate. Was it used before the advent of space travel in that galaxy? Maybe on some planet at our current level of development? I really didnt find a concrete answer as to where it first poped up.

According to Star Wars: The Clone Wars (The CGI Animated Series), the first species to develop Force Sensitivity that has been documented was the species who left behind the planet Mortis and "The Ones" (aka Father, Son, and Daughter, the Manifestations of the Force). Allegedly The Ones were part of the Celestial Species or remnants of the Celestial Species. The Celestials were the people responsible for Centerpoint Station, the quagmire that had isolated Sith Space for so long, and various other things in the known Galaxy. Additionally the Celestials are possibly Exo-Terrestrial in origin. Meaning they could possibly come from outside the Star Wars Galaxy.

That timeline is not nearly comprehensive enough. It lists BTC 32,800 as being the date on which the Force was discovered on Tython. This date corresponds to 36,463 Years Before the Battle of Yevon (BBY). But the force was already known to the Celestials as of 1,000,000 BBY (or 963,537 years before the discovery on Tython) and the Sith Race had already begun developing the Society that would come to dominate the Sith Religion for millenia by 100,000 BBY, and because of the fact that the entire Sith Species is Force Sensitive, that means it is highly likely that the Sith had already discovered the Force on Korriban by 63,537 years before the discovery on Tython.

And that's even ignoring the fact that on the opposite side of the Galaxy from Tython, the Rakatta develop their own version of Force Powers completely independently from the Tythonian Scholars and use it to found the Interstellar Rakatta Infinite Empire less than 1,500 years after the Force is discovered on Tython.

------------------------------------------------------------

All that the Tythonian Council that allegedly "Discovered" the Force really did was to name the Force (Or the Way as it was known back then), and distinguish between the Light and the Dark Sides of the Force. The Force had always existed in the Star Wars Galaxy and will always exist in the Star Wars Galaxy. The other thing that the Tythonian Council did was to establish the Je'daii Order (shortened to Jedi).

Edited by XantosCledwin