The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SW Books: Mandalorian Culture

Philitt

Hi SW- Fans

I recently started reading SW Books,including the Darth Bane trilogy and the 4 SWTOR books. As I am very interested in mandalorian culture I researched a bit and it lead me to the books called Republic Commando. Im definitely gonna read them sometime soon. Do you guys know any other good books covering some mando culture which you can recommend?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi SW- Fans

I recently started reading SW Books,including the Darth Bane trilogy and the 4 SWTOR books. As I am very interested in mandalorian culture I researched a bit and it lead me to the books called Republic Commando. Im definitely gonna read them sometime soon. Do you guys know any other good books covering some mando culture which you can recommend?

Many thanks in advance!

Those are far and away the best imo, the Legacy Series of books (not to be confused with the comics) also deal with Mandalorian culture to some extent especially in the ones written by Karen Traviss.

Also, Knights of the Old Republic graphic novels are decent (though not directly focused on Mandos) as is the KotOR game. There are probably a dozen comics in both the OR era and the Rebellion/New Republic eras about Mandalorians as well.

And while I don't recommend it, the Clone Wars animated TV series also deals with Mandalorians in several episodes. (Btw, ignore the Hippie Mandos they should be dead soon enough.)

I recently came across an upcoming book for pre-order on Amazon: The Bounty Hunter Code

It's an in-universe textbook of sorts, written by the same guy who did the Jedi Path and Book of the Sith books. Both of those were very interesting, in that they each compiled tenants and teachings from various SW figures throughout the SW universe history (including Darth Malgus in the Sith book), and had commentaries scrawled in the margins by other prominent figures.

It looks like the book will focus a lot on Mandalorian (and other bounty hunter groups), their philosophy, armor, weaponry, etc., with commentary coming from Tor Vizsla, the Fetts, Aurra Sing, and Hondo Ohnaka.

I linked the Vault Edition, which comes with a bunch of stuff that you'll check out once, and then probably hardly ever look at again (though I admit the Jedi locker and Sith holocron look pretty cool just sitting out, so I'll probably like having the bounty hunter ammo case to set out beside them). Odds are there will be a much cheaper book-only version for about $20 when it is released in October.

well Boba Fett is Mandalorian there are some books about him i recommend, like boba Fett Omnibus (comic) and Blood Ties (comic). there is also a website called wookieepedia (SW wiki) you can look up virtually any SW thing:D Edited by crqp