The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Too many barriers preventing me from buying new armour

Excise

I think there's too many barriers preventing me (and likely other people, tho I don't want to speak for them) from purchasing and using new armour sets and weapons from the CM.

Ignoring the real dollar amount, buying a new set of gear and transferring over all mods can cost anywhere from 300k credits to several million, depending on how many purple mods you have and any augment kits you must buy. That cost must be paid every time you want to try out a new outfit.

So while I'd love to buy sweet new armour sets on the CM, I only do it on rare occasion when I'm willing to put in a large investment in time (to swap out the mods), credits, and the total loss of whatever outfit I had before.

Generally you want as few barriers (or "nevermind buying this is too much hassle" moments) as possible between you and your customer. Compare this to new mounts, which are extremely easy to swap out.

Thanks for reading.

It's a credit sink yes, but so what? Run some dailies and there is your credits to transfer mods

It's a credit sink that's preventing people from spending real money on the CM. Imagine being able to have 4-5 costume slots you could switch between.

It's a credit sink that's preventing people from spending real money on the CM. Imagine being able to have 4-5 costume slots you could switch between.

Your logic is flawed. Nothing is preventing you from doing exactly that. Just farm the creds you need to buy armor, aug kits, augs. Then do ops to obtain your mods. Simple enough to me.

Seems like you are wanting a solution for your laziness.

Buy a handful of packs, open them and vendor the crafting materials you get and use any credit booms you get. Then place any gear you don't want on the GTN. Either vendor or GTN the affection gifts. You should have more than enough credits to swap out your mods.

Your logic is flawed. Nothing is preventing you from doing exactly that. Just farm the creds you need to buy armor, aug kits, augs. Then do ops to obtain your mods. Simple enough to me.

Seems like you are wanting a solution for your laziness.

I disagree. I never said it was impossible, but that it is a barrier to buying armour sets on the CM. Naturally everyone will draw the line in a different spot, so there is some subjectivity here.

If you want to do it regularly, yes. As in, a suitable outfit per planet.

If you change outfits every planet, that's your choice. The game does not need to be changed just to suit your play style. You have another option as well: get a set of mods for each outfit.

Sure, it'd be nice if TOR had a true cosmetic outfit system like LotRO's, but that's never going to happen.

If you change outfits every planet, that's your choice. The game does not need to be changed just to suit your play style. You have another option as well: get a set of mods for each outfit.

Sure, it'd be nice if TOR had a true cosmetic outfit system like LotRO's, but that's never going to happen.

Making suggestions for the game to suit my play style seems valid to me. I don't really see an issue there.

Regardless, LotRO's cosmetic system would be perfect in my opinion.

Making suggestions for the game to suit my play style seems valid to me. I don't really see an issue there.

Regardless, LotRO's cosmetic system would be perfect in my opinion.

Who wouldn't like it? You see a level 13 green you like the look of? No problem. Equip it cosmetically.

That's what they should have done in the first place, but they were dead set on mimicking wow as closely as possible.

A system like DCUO where you learn styles, can switch between them at any time where none of it takes up inventory space would have been ideal. LOTRO is a okay alternative too.