Questions about: Inspiration/Transcendence

Gloomycakes

Dear community,

Sentinel/Maurauder are the only advanced class I've not yet enjoyed playing and I would love bit more information on the class when leading raids. Mainly about: Inpsiration/Trancendence.

1. I know it consumes Centering, but due to Valorous Call it seems quite possible to pop Inspiration/Transcendence when the raid requires. Is this true or can this severely hurt a Watchman/Combat Sentinel's damage output?

2. Does a Combat Sentinel spec into Fleetfooded? I assume yes because Jedi Crusader, Stagger and Displacement look very mediocre for PvE, but I'd like some confirmation.

3. Only Combat can build Centering before the fight emerges, correct? If so when is the optimal time to expect Inspiration to be popped from a Watchman? (Assuming you're not saving it for a special mechanic)

4. I'm pretty sure Inpsiration only affects the 4 people in the Sentinel's operationsgroup window. I'm quite sure due to PvP Transcendance affects 8 people, how does the game decide which 8? Or is it simply raid-wide.

5. I've heard Inspiration hinders Focus-specced Sentinels. Could someone eleborate on why and does it hinder Focus Guardians aswell?

And the most annoying way to end a post, but assuming I know absolutely nothing about Sentinel (quite true) did I miss any obvious questions I should know the answer to? :)

Thank you in advance!

Dear community,

Sentinel/Maurauder are the only advanced class I've not yet enjoyed playing and I would love bit more information on the class when leading raids. Mainly about: Inpsiration/Trancendence.

1. I know it consumes Centering, but due to Valorous Call it seems quite possible to pop Inspiration/Transcendence when the raid requires. Is this true or can this severely hurt a Watchman/Combat Sentinel's damage output?

2. Does a Combat Sentinel spec into Fleetfooded? I assume yes because Jedi Crusader, Stagger and Displacement look very mediocre for PvE, but I'd like some confirmation.

3. Only Combat can build Centering before the fight emerges, correct? If so when is the optimal time to expect Inspiration to be popped from a Watchman? (Assuming you're not saving it for a special mechanic)

4. I'm pretty sure Inpsiration only affects the 4 people in the Sentinel's operationsgroup window. I'm quite sure due to PvP Transcendance affects 8 people, how does the game decide which 8? Or is it simply raid-wide.

5. I've heard Inspiration hinders Focus-specced Sentinels. Could someone eleborate on why and does it hinder Focus Guardians aswell?

And the most annoying way to end a post, but assuming I know absolutely nothing about Sentinel (quite true) did I miss any obvious questions I should know the answer to? :)

Thank you in advance!

1. Yes you can pop it whenever you want, keep in mind when inspiration is active you CANT build centering which is why it can be a great idea to build 30 centering, pop inspiration then valorous call so you can have zen and inspiration at the same time (if possible).

2. You have to take one of the fairly useless talents, depends a bit on the encounter which is preferable but really its no big differance, just take a pick.

3. If you are the only sentinel and your group has a lot of opening burst you should pop it at the start anyway, yes its not really ideal for you as you would rather wait for 30 centering first but the benefit of the group is more important.

4. Yes inspiration is only the four in your group, transcendence is raid-wide so it affects everyone on your raid.

5. Because focus is more depending on building centering to maximize their damage output and you cant build centering while inspiration is active which is why they are more penalized for having inspiration up than the other specs. Guardians dont build centering so no, focus guardians are not negatively affected.

Hope this cleared things up a bit ^^

Best you can do is to tell the sentinels beforehand when you'd like the inspiration (and remember to coordinate so they don't pop it at same time in same group). That way they can plan it and save the cd or the stacks as needed, whichever fits best. You will usually use valorous call and zen (which uses the stacks aswell) as much as possible for max dps, so if you call for inspiration at a random time it might take a while for valorous call to get off cd or to build up the stacks.

Best you can do is to tell the sentinels beforehand when you'd like the inspiration (and remember to coordinate so they don't pop it at same time in same group). That way they can plan it and save the cd or the stacks as needed, whichever fits best. You will usually use valorous call and zen (which uses the stacks aswell) as much as possible for max dps, so if you call for inspiration at a random time it might take a while for valorous call to get off cd or to build up the stacks.

The main problem is different sentinel specs (and even random variance caused by RNG in different rotations) build Centering at different rates, so there's significant DPS loss in doing this sort of coordination. It's better than nothing, but still not great. The Focus sentinel that I run with just clicks the Inspiration buff off their bar.

When I have the pleasure of running with a sentinel I indeed say beforehand which situations I'd prefer Inspiration or Transendance and in fights where we haven't got a special moment for them, I expect them to use Inspiration as much as they can afford and luckily when I run with 2 they seem to call it out on TS well before using it so they won't overleap. Generally it all goes quite well, but sometimes I come around people fairly new to sentinel who prefer if I decide almost completely, hence I wanted to know 100% what I was dealing with. But they will build their own judgement soon enough.

That Centering doesn't build during Inspiration was completely new to me, it does build during Zen, right? Curiousity strikes again. :)

When I have the pleasure of running with a sentinel I indeed say beforehand which situations I'd prefer Inspiration or Transendance and in fights where we haven't got a special moment for them, I expect them to use Inspiration as much as they can afford and luckily when I run with 2 they seem to call it out on TS well before using it so they won't overleap. Generally it all goes quite well, but sometimes I come around people fairly new to sentinel who prefer if I decide almost completely, hence I wanted to know 100% what I was dealing with. But they will build their own judgement soon enough.

That Centering doesn't build during Inspiration was completely new to me, it does build during Zen, right? Curiousity strikes again. :)

No, it does not build during zen, inspiration or transcendence. However it's no big deal that it doesnt build during zen as first of all you build centering so that you can use zen, its the whole point of it, and secondly zen doesnt last for very long so its not a big holdup ^^